ROM Hack New powersaves 3ds thread

Jaque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I know I'm posting this in the wrong thread, but I was wondering if someone could direct me to the correct thread or forum where I should be posting for help on doing a trade evolution for my haunter? I'm quite new to gbatemp so I apologize for noobiness/annoyance ><. Any directions would be appreciated.

Reactions: AznPride112

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well one of the people said it would interesting to ask rather scores or Kaphotics to put one of them on save.
Do you mean this person? (See below to find the response to this very same question from when you asked it earlier in the evening)

The only way that you are going to get one right now for the time being is for one of the guys with them to put them on a Gateway save.

That is the the only way that you could use a back up save to get what you are wanting.

AznPride112

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if it's possible to change your 3DS's location's Vivillon. Like I live in Australia and so we naturally get River Vivillon's, but I wonder if I could somehow change it so that I can get Icy Snow or even Archipelago. Any of the other 17 forms.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if it's possible to change your 3DS's location's Vivillon. Like I live in Australia and so we naturally get River Vivillon's, but I wonder if I could somehow change it so that I can get Icy Snow or even Archipelago. Any of the other 17 forms.
You actually have 2 ways of doing this.

You can change the location setting in your 3DS to an area that has a different pattern (there are maps on the internet to help you determine what pattern goes with where) or you can use Powersaves to change the form for you.

Jaque

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Sorry if this sounds dumb, but if you own a powersave shouldn't the option of changing be available? Or does the code not work?

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The reason why we got Diancie and AZ Floette was because of Datel in the first place. Don't think that the hackers will share Hoopa or Volcanion because they are definitely not interested.
Agreed. All of this hoping that they will share it is pointless. If they really wanted to do that, they would have done it already.

Reactions: gamefan5

therealplicks

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Am I the only one here who doesn't get the name of what each of the Vivillon forms are? All the options on mine are "Form 1, Form 2, Form 3..." etc. Whereas from others' screenshots they have the name of each form after the number.

The forms are luckily in the same order as on Serebii but it's a bit strange that all I'm getting are the form numbers rather than the names.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I the only one here who doesn't get the name of what each of the Vivillon forms are? All the options on mine are "Form 1, Form 2, Form 3..." etc. Whereas from others' screenshots they have the name of each form after the number.

The forms are luckily in the same order as on Serebii but it's a bit strange that all I'm getting are the form numbers rather than the names.
Somebody else mentioned they had the same problem on the old thread. The names show up for me though.

MGS1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They might later on. If they ever wanted to
Always the eternal optimist, I see.

Like I said, if they had any drive to do so, they would have done it already. It is quite clear that all of the posting and bragging had several motives behind them.

The first was to play around with the first time anybody was able to perform a software based save edit.

The second reason was to prove that it can be done (although it's not as impressive now that we know they really didn't find a way to break the encryption like it was implied but only found a way to hijack Datel's server to do the dirty work of encryption.) It does raise hope that if Bond and Slashmolder's work allows us to have a software based way of encryption. However, as Bond has stated on his twitter feed, they are not even going to guess if or when that will come.

Last, and certainly not least, all of these posts were not to just help the community, but to say look what we did and you can't have any. If it was truly done to strictly help the community, you could have posted the info that they found (the level moves, the Datel cart corrupting method, etc) without all of these videos.

Those videos and some of the misinformation about their true methods of accomplishing them (which I can understand the secrecy to a point to limit Datel's awareness of their hack) has done nothing but whip up frenzy for people wanting to go buy flashcarts thinking that they are some magic hacking devices that is going to allow them to get a Hoopa.

Of course, I may be wrong about the self congratulatory reasoning behind the videos, but I'm not going to change my opinion on that until I see them put those things on the only way that we know of right now to distribute them openly. I'm not going to hold my breath on that one.

Reactions: gamefan5 and x66x66

kingkey24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i can't believe you guys are even giving serious responses to PokeChampion, he been asking the same questions over and over since he appeared in the original thread. it's going nowhere but in circles with this guy.

Reactions: signz and gamefan5

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Some people could be entitled to other peoples opinions. But apparently some aren't
True. U may have that opinion, but if you think most people on this site do, well nope.
Keep asking the same question and 95% more often the not, that's the kind of answer you're gonna get. And that's mostly because Hackers of pokemon project have never shared unreleased pokemon. Actually, make that hackers who have completely hacked their 3DS. That's because they aren't interested in all the attention. If anything, said attention could be hindering their progress because idiots would keep bragging about it, would go to other sites, others will ask them to get it and it would be widespread. And nintendo would definitely do something about it

Ykr1113

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
True. U may have that opinion, but if you think most people on this site do, well nope.
Keep asking the same question and 95% more often the not, that's the kind of answer you're gonna get. And that's mostly because Hackers of pokemon project have never shared unreleased pokemon. Actually, make that hackers who have completely hacked their 3DS. That's because they aren't interested in all the attention. If anything, said attention could be hindering their progress because idiots would keep bragging about it, would go to other sites, others will ask them to get it and it would be widespread. And nintendo would definitely do something about it

This post might save this thread from getting shut down like the last one did.

Reactions: gamefan5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse