New Pikachu 3DS revealed and Mario Sports Superstars release date

Today Nintendo revealed a new Pikachu themed Nintendo 3DS XL. Here is the PR:
  • Pikachu Yellow Edition New Nintendo 3DS XL: On Feb. 24, an electrifying new design for the New Nintendo 3DS XL hardware will hit store shelves. The colorful yellow system sports a charming drawing of popular Pokémon Pikachu on the cover and will be available at a suggested retail price of $199.99.

New3DSXL_Pikachu_box (1).jpg

Nintendo also announced the release date for the upcoming Mario Sports Superstars for the 3DS, releasing March 24th.

MSS-boxart.jpg

Here's Ninty:
Mario Sports Superstars: The action-packed game launches on March 24 and offers five full-featured sports like Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Baseball and, for the first time in a Mario sports game, Horse Racing. Each sport stars Mario and his friends (and enemies!) from the Mushroom Kingdom and can be played in local or online multiplayer modes. (Players must own the game and a Nintendo 3DS system to compete in multiplayer mode.)
New Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards: By tapping one of these new amiibo character cards while playing Mario Sports Superstars, players will get a variety of fun bonuses. The Mario Sports Superstars amiibo cards can be purchased in blind packs of five at a suggested retail price of $4.99 each, starting on March 24. For a limited time, the Mario Sports Superstars game will include one amiibo card packed in.

:arrow:Source: GBAtemp Inbox

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pre-ordered this morning at Gamestop and the store where I live is only getting 2 so if you guys are thinking about getting one you might want to go ahead and secure it. Also only had to put $25 down to pre-order.

Infidel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be the icing on the cake if they do because the n3ds xl that I have right now has dual TN screens :(

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
In years time people will be feverishly hunting down and paying mega bux those ultra rare 3ds versions that were so limited edition..........I.e the ones that weren't labelled limited edition at all :creep:, seriously the 3ds is going to be the console collectors worst nightmare, it used to be like 5 different coloured consoles and 5 or so limited edition consoles that was it, now with the 3ds we are up to about 50 different version

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I guess you haven't collected Dreamcast consoles:D
Nope, is there really that many I have only really seen a few, and that's if your dealing with all regions, I know there was quite a few "limited editions" that were just really a sticker stuck on a random console they bought for promotional purposes

personally I don't include random sticker'd promotional items, I know diehard collectors would want to collect every know variation, but personally I don't care for a console that just had coke logo stuck to it by coke themselves for a 10 console giveaway

But the 3ds has had (afaik) the most official variants and limited editions of any console by far, I'm sure if we started digging up competitions we may also find a Pepsi branded console that was given away for collecting 5 ring pulls in czechoslovakia for Christmas 2013 or something, but I'm just talking end user buyable, not custom made ones for competitions

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'd hazard a guess and say there's definitely the most official releases of home consoles available for the Dreamcast. Not sure there's as many variants as there are for the 3DS, but there's lots. Thing is, most of the 3DS consoles are still reasonably easy and affordable to get hold of, which can't be said for the Dreamcast - they released a lot in 100-500 quantities which are still easy to find, but cost a fortune. I've owned quite a lot of them at one point or another, but just couldn't afford to actually have a collection of them - not yet, anyway ;)

Last edited by Marmotta,
Reactions: gamesquest1

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
yeah that's why I mentioned they "will be" a collectors nightmare, I would suggest anyone actually wanting to collect all variants to hold off on any except the very very limited edition ones until after the 3ds looses support, with the amount of limited editions available you wouldn't want to be paying full retail value on the whole lot, a few months after support is dropped i's the best time to hoover up them at a low price XD

edit :- OK I said "going to be" ....same difference :P

Last edited by gamesquest1,
Reactions: Marmotta

Marmotta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah, anything remotely collectible in videogaming dips in price for a bit and then skyrockets - Gamecube stuff is crazy at the moment. The next consoles after that to go up in price will be the Wii U and 3DS, which I'm sure will happen sooner than usual, because apart from a few properly limited edition consoles and game releases, there's not much else for collectors post-Gamecube.

Last edited by Marmotta,

dmace81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wish we would get a U.S. Football Mario game. That would be awesome. But I suppose the feminists would say its mean to have princess getting tackled. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse