New Persona 5 Trailer showcases The Velvet Room

26051d0e-76eb-45d6-9338-9b1ece6e665f.png

Sometimes when the protagonist of Persona 5 goes to sleep, he doesn't dream like a normal Japanese high-schooler. Oh no. He gets transported to a place that exists between dream and reality, mind and matter. A place where fate has made it look like a prison. A place where sacrifice creates power, and where a familiar face will assist the leader of the Phantom Thieves in reaching his full potential. Get ready to say hello to Igor once again, because the Velvet Room is back!

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Velvet Room, it's a special area where personas can be... played around with. Basically, the room is where personas collected in the Metaverse can be upgraded, turned into items, or undergo fusion. Let's start with the most morbid one, shall we? Fusion allows personas to be fused together to create a new, hopefully stronger, one. There are three ways to fuse personas, basic fusion lets any two be fused together, while advanced fusion is preset and require three or more. Oh, there is one little thing I should mention. Your personas will need to be executed via guillotine to undergo the aforementioned fusions, so always remember their noble sacrifice when Velvet Room wardens, Caroline and Justine, lets the blade drop (be wary of accidents though). The third method of fusion is network fusion, which allows a player with online function to fuse their persona with a random online player's persona!

Besides making heads roll, the Velvet Room offers other fun ways to execute, I mean, manage personas. For example, you can strengthen a persona by sacrificing (hanging) another one to it, put personas in lockdown so they can learn to take less damage from their weakness, and "transform" them via electric chair into a useful item/piece of equipment. You can also register and summon them from the compendium as well! Although the Velvet Room may look like a prison, it's an important place to invest time and persona lives in. Oh, you can also access the area during the day/night or during Palace runs through a prison door looking portal.

Persona 5
will release on April 4 in the Americas and Europe, for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3.

:arrow:Persona 5 Official Site

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
So multiple Persona are officially called Personas, that'll put a bunch of bickering to rest on the megaten subreddit.

Igor having a new voice actor that's so wildly different from before is a bit weird, but I suppose it sounds alright, just takes getting used to. Those executions look wild, a lot harsher than anything I've seen in SMTIV or previous Persona titles. And every time I hear the music for this game, I get pumped up. So happy that the game is so close to release.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, their games are always so stylish. Gotta love it. The executions look pretty cool - interesting way to explain fusions I guess.

I also really love the animations for the Personas. I saw the trailer for the Switch title and got excited - I didn't realize they looked so great in 3D already.

Reactions: Pluupy

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Man, the new VA is so different that it's bizarre, I also think that he doesn't fit Igor's, but oh well.

That aside, the game looks sweet, those executions are a pretty interesting take on Persona fusing. I do wonder if the PS3 is too downgraded compared to the PS4 version, as I only have a PS3 lol.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that sucks, is hard to accuse this of click bait, but since i didn't know what velvet room is i was confused (I thought it was either about cake or something colored red, or some valentines day joke.... or a brothel) I blame @Chary Y U NO TEACH ME PERSONA! :rolleyes:

You also should be ashamed, you didn't post persona news? *Trigger Happy Chary Engaged* :creep:

Pluupy

_(:3」∠)_
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy FUCK dude Igor's voice is crazy cool. I liked him before but this voice is also awesome! Very deep. Leaves an impact. I don't think it suits the character's design but it's still pretty fucking neat-o. Honestly, they should have just gone with a new dude for the Velvet Room if they were gonna have fucking Samuel L Jackson over here.

Anyway, I don't feel bad for the demons. lmao The demons in Shin Megami Tensei IV, Apocalypse, and Soul Hackers are sassy as fuck.

Last edited by Pluupy,

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Holy FUCK dude Igor's voice is crazy cool. I liked him before but this voice is also awesome! Very deep. Leaves an impact. I don't think it suits the character's design but it's still pretty fucking neat-o. Honestly, they should have just gone with a new dude for the Velvet Room if they were gonna have fucking Samuel L Jackson over here.

Anyway, I don't feel bad for the demons. lmao The demons in Shin Megami Tensei IV, Apocalypse, and Soul Hackers are sassy as fuck.
I disagree with you, I dislike his "voice". I pictured him having a much higher tone. Almost shrill.

Reactions: matpower
D

Deleted-379826

Oh god this just looks so darn awesome! I neeed the game, why does it have to be 2 more months. >,< My only complaint: what have you done with my beloved Igor.

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Igor having a new voice actor that's so wildly different from before is a bit weird, but I suppose it sounds alright, just takes getting used to. Those executions look wild, a lot harsher than anything I've seen in SMTIV or previous Persona titles. And every time I hear the music for this game, I get pumped up. So happy that the game is so close to release.
Isn't it the same VA than in SMT4 in the cathedral of shadows?
Why do their hats say OXYMORON when you interlace them?
Probably because they are opposite. An oxymoron is two words of exact opposite meaning written side-by-side. Example: It's a tall little gentleman. (To say that a child is tall for his age)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Green name speaks true :P