Country
United States
Hi guys, i recently got a (old) new PC here are my specs:

Intel Celeron G1610 2.6ghz X2 Ivy Bridge
ECS H61H2-MV
DD3 2gb 665.1mhz
Intel HD Graphics 1gb
WinXP SP3 32bit

I know that this PC is pretty low spec wise, i mainly use it to play League of Legends in 1920x1080 Full without shadows and i get 60fps and 40fps in Teamfights (10 characters blowing spells with a lot of fireworks) but i know that i can play more AAA games with this, at least at low resolutions but it's something.

So if you know what can i game with this thing, just reply and i'll check your suggestions! thanks!

edit: Maybe i can play .dotHack G.U with this?

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still have no ideas regarding your gaming tastes.

I'd say The Stick of Truth (my personal 2014 GoTY 2014).
I'm Sorry, i forgot about that.

TBH, i love RPG's, Racing games, Plataformmers, MOBA (but i have enough with LoL) MMORPGS (Lineage II) FPS too (CoD, Doom III, Quake 4) Survival Horror (RE, Silent Hills, Fatal Frame) and TPS (Gears of War).

Anyway, i will try The Stick Of Truth, i heard a lot of things about that game

Thanks for the suggestion!

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Those "can you run it" services are never entirely accurate. I've had it tell me I can't run games and then I can actually run them fine. Or I only meet the min specs, yet I can run the game on ultra. It's a total crapshoot, really. It tries to compare your specs to the minimum and recommended specs, but if those are off for the game, the detection will be about as accurate as you just guessing at it.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those "can you run it" services are never entirely accurate. I've had it tell me I can't run games and then I can actually run them fine. Or I only meet the min specs, yet I can run the game on ultra. It's a total crapshoot, really. It tries to compare your specs to the minimum and recommended specs, but if those are off for the game, the detection will be about as accurate as you just guessing at it.
Yeah, Just tested this with some old games. It works well with the main line of processor's and GPU's

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well it never will be since the best way is just to fiddle with it.
They use the system requirments that game companies release.You can never be sure if you can play a game especially when your system is out of date but I find it is a good place to start

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CS:GO or 1.6? Double Action will check. Thanks :)

Since I have no experience with 1.6, as I am relatively new to the series myself (after coming from console peasantry and COD), I would say CS:GO. Double Action is actually a really fun time waster as well, I especially like going full melee with the bouncer ability and just punching everybody to death.

Reactions: RCJayce

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
For realsies, I would also pick up another 2GB RAM stick, or just a 4GB one. It should be a fairly cheap and easy upgrade. I'd recommend going higher to maybe 6GB, but that 32 bit XP does limit you.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For realsies, I would also pick up another 2GB RAM stick, or just a 4GB one. It should be a fairly cheap and easy upgrade. I'd recommend going higher to maybe 6GB, but that 32 bit XP does limit you.
He could of course add Ubuntu for a dual boot and game on Ubuntu(not sure of issues tho)

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was thinking to go full 8gb Dual Channel, it's the easy (and cheaper) upgrade atm, maybe I can add a GPU later, I tested a old but good FireGL Pro 512mb but it doesn't work with this mobo :(.

About Ubuntu, for gaming on it I'm attached to use Steam?

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah I was thinking to go full 8gb Dual Channel, it's the easy (and cheaper) upgrade atm, maybe I can add a GPU later, I tested a old but good FireGL Pro 512mb but it doesn't work with this mobo :(.

About Ubuntu, for gaming on it I'm attached to use Steam?
You should consider upgrading to Windows 8.1 x64 then. Even if you don't like the Metro interface, you can install Classic Shell and always boot straight to the desktop with start menu and everything.

RCJayce

The Defender Of Tomorrow
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You should consider upgrading to Windows 8.1 x64 then. Even if you don't like the Metro interface, you can install Classic Shell and always boot straight to the desktop with start menu and everything.
I was thinking to upgrade to Win7 Ultimate x64. Win 8.1 looks good, but performance side by side for gaming it's seems that Win7 is still one step ahead.

Nathan Drake

Trophies
XP
Country
I was thinking to upgrade to Win7 Ultimate x64. Win 8.1 looks good, but performance side by side for gaming it's seems that Win7 is still one step ahead.
I dunno. I have had absolutely zero issues gaming on Windows 8.1, at least zero issues as far as the OS is concerned, and I've played a wide variety of games from older to stuff only about a year old. All Windows 7 has on Windows 8 is pretty much just that people don't like Metro. That's really the only thing that might make Windows 8 "worse". Otherwise it is essentially improvements across the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    So true
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @K3Nv2 Snow Day is pretty fun. My only bitch would be the camera controls, when you move around, say down, you have to move the right stick left or right to get camera to turn and get your view, other than that I like it so far.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    From what people say pvp isn't even worth it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just been playing offline, and they give you a few bots here n there on your team to help battle. I don't think it's as funny as the other games tho, more battle oriented than humor, which kinda sucks, but I'm still early in it
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, doesnt the game have a campaign mode?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, and co-op, but you can also start a pvp session and battle just with friends. You get special skill cards (powers) the more you play. And higher value cards, but you can only enable so many cards at a time.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If you can find enough for it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Toilet paper is considered the money, you collect and buy stuff with TP, kinda funny. Graphics are def better than the other games tho, I think they used Unity 5 engine.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Look if I zoom in enough I can see the herpes!!!
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    In fact I'm gonna go make a drink, roll a fatty n play some, good night to all!
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I bet most people at the time still watched it in black and white
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Many of them did before colour television was common.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Likely because black and white TV was in-expensive.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It certainly wasn't inexpensive it cost the same as a new car back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How much did a 1965 color TV cost?

For example, a 21-inch (diagonal) GE color television in 1965 had an advertised price of $499, which is equal to $4,724 in today's dollars, according to the federal government's inflation calculator.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, take into consideration how economy was back then
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah that's why they listed inflation rates
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Sorry didnt read that part
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK don't worry i knew he was joking
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    My first color TV was like 1984 or something lol