Gaming New Ocarina of Time Screenshots

notmeanymore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
Who gives a shit about graphics...
I do. Seeing N64 Zelda games is gonna give me nightmares ever since I saw that haunted Majora's Mask shit. If the exact same spooky stuff was recreated with OoT-style graphics, it wouldn't be anywhere near as frightening.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS version looks a lot better for sure, mostly due to art style. The new one is more true to the official art than the older one. It's not like the N64 was even crap, OOT just didn't look that great to begin with. I'm sure i'll get a ton of hate for that, but there are far more impressive games on the N64, even ones that ran at a higher framerate to boot lol!

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Midna said:
And an original shot for compairison
n64r.png
The Gamecube and Wii ports might look like this, but on a real N64 it looks more like this:
zeldal.png

porchemasi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i was gonna say that
tongue.gif

Those screens were def from a GC or Wii.
biggrin.gif

N64 looks alot worse
tongue.gif

If anyone has ever played OoT with an emulator using the high-res model/texture add-on pack. You will be amazed at how this game was modded to look better than the 3DS version!

DeMoN

GBAtemp Guru
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well this was to be expected. The DS graphics for Super Mario 64 blew the original's out of the water, so there's no reason the 3DS wouldn't be able to improve N64 graphics as well.
I'm still pissed that this isn't a launch game. :angry:

Aeladya

*mistressOFtheCLOW
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Saken said:
Who gives a shit about graphics...

I dunno, I care to an extent. Like Minecraft looks awesome the way it is, but Final Fantasy VII, which had some scenes looking nice, had characters models that made my eyes bleed. They were not proportioned right and had hooves for hands. That didn't bother me as much as the storyline which was really confusing. The character models reminded me of Legos though
tongue.gif

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
As far as "additions", I haven't heard about any, but Nintendo did mention redesigning the Water Temple. Wish I had the link for that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hate2.gif
the water temple was fine just the way it was!

[EDIT] after a bit of searching i found numerous references to a guy named Eiji Aonuma saying that he was going to make it much easier to use the iron boots for the water temple but as for changing the water temple itself i see no mention of it. Im glad tho because it wasnt hard at ALL! People who couldnt handle it just had no patience

blackdragonbaham

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Terenigma said:
DiscostewSM said:
As far as "additions", I haven't heard about any, but Nintendo did mention redesigning the Water Temple. Wish I had the link for that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
hate2.gif
the water temple was fine just the way it was!

[EDIT] after a bit of searching i found numerous references to a guy named Eiji Aonuma saying that he was going to make it much easier to use the iron boots for the water temple but as for changing the water temple itself i see no mention of it. Im glad tho because it wasnt hard at ALL! People who couldnt handle it just had no patience

it wasn't hard at all, but really really annoying. although it would be nice if they would make some changes besides the visual presentation, a simple remake might be not enough to satisfy a good old fan boy like me. something like extra stuff, items or hidden dungeons, extra endbosses. would be nice.

TheTwoR's

Yay I can finally edit this thingy :D
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I understand that this is a good Zelda game and all, and I'm hyped for this as well.
But you're complimenting on the GRAPHICS?
Oh my god.. they're terrible.
Not that I judge games by graphics (I really don't)
But I don't understand how you guys call this good graphics!!!!! XD

heartgold

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
TheTwoR's said:
I understand that this is a good Zelda game and all, and I'm hyped for this as well.
But you're complimenting on the GRAPHICS?
Oh my god.. they're terrible.
Not that I judge games by graphics (I really don't)
But I don't understand how you guys call this good graphics!!!!! XD
I've said improved graphics over the old and not that it makes it a good game or not
tongue.gif

Gameplay wise we gotta wait and see

Legaia

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
i would like to see link's but kiked by the two witches and ganondorf at the same time that will be a nice extra cause i hate so much this freakin goblin

Zeroneo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Legaia said:
i would like to see link's but kiked by the two witches and ganondorf at the same time that will be a nice extra cause i hate so much this freakin goblin
But but... Link's an elf. Not a goblin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉