Hardware New Nintendo 3DS XL what charging chip?

Dramacydril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi to all,

I have hardmodded (micro usb port) my N3DS XL but afterwards made a big mistake. I reversed the battery and powered it on and now my 3ds wont power on (no blue light). When i connect the charger i can see the orange charging light and it stays on like normal. When i remove the battery and connect the charger i get a 5 second orange light thats it. Never a blue light. I checked the fuse on the daughterboard and next to the power port. Those are ok.

According to a topic in these forums (https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-xl-fuse.416208/) i need to buy a new daughterboard for it to power on. The second thing i need to buy is a charging chip (located near the power port) or it will not charge.

The description on my chip says:
CKP TI (Texas Instruments?) 48W Z54P
(see the image for the location of the chip)

I want to order the right chip from china (alixpr...) and get it fixed by a pro. Are there any hardware pro's here who can tell me if the chip image i attached will work or else tell me what the correct one is named?

Thank you very much.

Attachments

• IKlW6WTZKKmapYkt.huge.jpg
    IKlW6WTZKKmapYkt.huge.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 3,138
  • IC-components--BQ24072.jpg_640x640.jpg
    IC-components--BQ24072.jpg_640x640.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 1,391
Last edited by Dramacydril,
Reactions: Darkariest

Dramacydril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
How does one even reverse the battery "by accident"? Were you drinking by chance?

No lol, i tested the battery without the case. I just finished soldering and didnt want to screw on the case. Normally with the case you cant reverse the battery in the wrong way. Stupid mistake by me.

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi to all,

I have hardmodded (micro usb port) my N3DS XL but afterwards made a big mistake. I reversed the battery and powered it on and now my 3ds wont power on (no blue light). When i connect the charger i can see the orange charging light and it stays on like normal. When i remove the battery and connect the charger i get a 5 second orange light thats it. Never a blue light. I checked the fuse on the daughterboard and next to the power port. Those are ok.

According to a topic in these forums (https://gbatemp.net/threads/new-3ds-xl-fuse.416208/) i need to buy a new daughterboard for it to power on. The second thing i need to buy is a charging chip (located near the power port) or it will not charge.

The description on my chip says:
CKP TI (Texas Instruments?) 48W Z54P
(see the image for the location of the chip)

I want to order the right chip from china (alixpr...) and get it fixed by a pro. Are there any hardware pro's here who can tell me if the chip image i attached will work or else tell me what the correct one is named?

Thank you very much.
is the charging industor working fine above that chip in photo? I dont have any new 3ds but may be able to pull one from a old 3ds if you are struggling but shipping cost are probably gonna be more expensive from me

ps im not upto date on new 3ds so im not 100% sure of the problem

Last edited by rip-it-up,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
No lol, i tested the battery without the case. I just finished soldering and didnt want to screw on the case. Normally with the case you cant reverse the battery in the wrong way. Stupid mistake by me.
I'm kind of disappointed that Nintendo wouldn't have some kind of protection circuitry in place. Just a couple of diodes would have done it.

Dramacydril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
is the charging industor working fine above that chip in photo? I dont have any new 3ds but may be able to pull one from a old 3ds if you are struggling but shipping cost are probably gonna be more expensive from me

ps im not upto date on new 3ds so im not 100% sure of the problem

Thanks for your reply. How do i test this with a multimeter. Im no pro.

More people have the same problem as you can see in the above topic i linked. I think they are right. The daughterboard is the problem and if im not lucky also the charging chip. Thats why i want to know if the chinese chip from aliexpr... will work.

Last edited by Dramacydril,

Dramacydril

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I already fixed it without replacing the charge chip. I replaced the daughterboard with a cheap one from aliexpress and it is working fine.

So i doesnt always mean that your charge chip is defect. Try the daughterboard first.

Reactions: mvmiranda

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already fixed it without replacing the charge chip. I replaced the daughterboard with a cheap one from aliexpress and it is working fine.

So i doesnt always mean that your charge chip is defect. Try the daughterboard first.
Did you find official/used daughterboards or did you get generics? Did you change both or just one? If one, which one?

DEEP_STEEL

Trophies
XP
Country
India

Hey does your charging light turns off when fully charged????

cosay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

my n3DS xL wont charge maybe because i used a busted charger, and my technician replace my charge Ic ( 48w z85k ) and he replaced it with an (48w z85f) chip then after that it charged the battery BUT it charge too slow like 6-7hr for 3Bars only. But he didnt do anything about the DaughterBoard (I believe the daughter board is the location of the battery?)

Question:
1. do you think if i replace my Ic with different Code or number of the Chip? and it still works?

2. do I need to replace my Daughter Board to fix this problem?

3. where can i get a daughter board?

thanks in advance! :)

Last edited by cosay,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: