Hardware New Nintendo 3DS - Freeze at "home meny"

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!

I got my n3ds today. I open it start it. Do the initial setup. I check firmware (9.0.x.x). Then i shut it off.

I come home, was planing to install CFW. Now the console freeze direclty on home meny. There is no sound.

This is what i tried so far:

1. Remove battery
2. Change sd-card
3. Hardboot (hold the powerbutton untill it shuts down)
4. Open the console to see if any cables on motherboard was loose.

Nothing helps.

Is my n3ds fubar or do i have some hope fixing it in som way?

Is it possible to do a manual hw reset of the console so i could resett it to factory default?

I tried to search around but could not find any solution..

Im thankfull for any help!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Did you buy it used? If not I would take it straight back to the store and ask for a replacement on the spot. They tend to be more willing to do that if it's a recent purchase.
If you bought it used, get your money back.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Did you buy it used? If not I would take it straight back to the store and ask for a replacement on the spot. They tend to be more willing to do that if it's a recent purchase.
If you bought it used, get your money back.

Hi,

Actually i got it for free. One game company here in Sweden did go bankrupt and they did not sell all their stuff at the last sale. And i asked my friend if they had any n3ds with firmware below 9.2 left in stock and i got this one.

I could send it to nintendo since its new and have warrantly left but if i do this i suspect they will update it to latest fw.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,

Actually i got it for free. One game company here in Sweden did go bankrupt and they did not sell all their stuff at the last sale. And i asked my friend if they had any n3ds with firmware below 9.2 left in stock and i got this one.

I could send it to nintendo since its new and have warrantly left but if i do this i suspect they will update it to latest fw.
That's a tough one. Does the company still have any other hackable n3ds left?
You had really bad luck to get a n3DS that was DOA, I haven't heard of that happening until now.
I'm afraid I don't know of any ways that might work to fix it except booting in recovery mode and updating the console. Obviously that's not a good option.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
That's a tough one. Does the company still have any other hackable n3ds left?
You had really bad luck to get a n3DS that was DOA, I haven't heard of that happening until now.
I'm afraid I don't know of any ways that might work to fix it except booting in recovery mode and updating the console. Obviously that's not a good option.

My friend will check during this week they have a like 10 more consoles he check 2 before this one and the others was to high fw sadly.

I tried the L+R+A+Upp thing.. and i get to the screen where i get the option to update but i cant do anything at this screen either.

I tried the console now and the "new" button above the Y, X botton the small grey one. It seems to be like a cursor. I can use this button to move arround in the home meny but cant do anything else..

I hope i can get this to work. Worst case scenario i just send it back to Nintendo and see what they do with it..

NekoMichi

Retro Collector
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Was this N3DS from the unsold stock of the game company, or a removed display demo unit? Some display demo units have to be connected to the kiosk in order to work, could be why it fails to properly boot.

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Was this N3DS from the unsold stock of the game company, or a removed display demo unit? Some display demo units have to be connected to the kiosk in order to work, could be why it fails to properly boot.

Hi,

This was from the unsold stock. Never used all stickers still on the box when i got it.. And it worked with the initial setup.. then next time i started it it freeezes. I tried it just for fun again..and then it "worked" but only a short while then it froze. Ill wait a bit more then see it i get same window again and ill try start a game maybe that will do something in the system to fix this freeze error..

EmceeKerser

Trophies
XP
Country
If you can get it to boot, you should try to update to 9.2

Alternatively, you could attempt to update to the latest firmware through recovery mode, or whatever, and sell it as NEW. Then buy an exploitable one using the money

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Press L+R+B+D-Pad Down, hold these buttons and press power

You get ascreen to reset HOME menu stuff (this will NOT update your console, it formats the Home menu, you lose any software icons and folders you made.

Hi, are you sure about the combo? I tried it several times it just go to normal home menu..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you can get it to boot, you should try to update to 9.2

Alternatively, you could attempt to update to the latest firmware through recovery mode, or whatever, and sell it as NEW. Then buy an exploitable one using the money

I doubt it will work.. i tried everything any more :(

My friend found one New 3DS XL but with fw 9.5 maybe the hack will work with this or some way i could downgrade its fw below 9.2.

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi, are you sure about the combo? I tried it several times it just go to normal home menu..

Yepz pretty sure!

You press L+R+B+D-Pad Down, Keep those buttons pressed and somehow you need to manage to press the power button without losing grip of the other buttons
you should get a black screen on top and a popup window on the bottom, doesn't matter if it's a 2DS / O3DS XL or N3DS as you can see in the picture, all 3 systems are on 10.1 sysnand.
(Yeah the 2DS has a Frozen vinyl decal, it's from the youngest daughter (7))

DSC05766.jpg

Last edited by DjoeN,

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Yepz pretty sure!

You press L+R+B+D-Pad Down, Keep those buttons pressed and somehow you need to manage to press the power button without losing grip of the other buttons
you should get a black screen on top and a popup window on the bottom, doesn't matter if it's a 2DS / O3DS XL or N3DS as you can see in the picture, all 3 systems are on 10.1 sysnand.
(Yeah the 2DS has a Frozen vinyl decal, it's from the youngest daughter (7))

DSC05766.jpg

Hi again. i tried like 10 more times still no luck :(. I guess im on a bad streak now :(

sirphayze

Happy camper!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ill get a exchange unit from Nintendo tomorrow. Most likely it will be at latest FW.

Is there any flashcart except Sky3ds that let me play 3ds games on latest FW?

Deleted member 370671

Ball of Kawaiiness
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
Ok, thanks for reply.

I have a New 3ds XL at home. With fw 9.5. I read somwhere i cant find it now but if i dont remember wrong it "could" play AP games with sky3ds?
I don't think you can. Afaik, bypassing the new AP can be done on 9.5 emuNAND, not sysNAND. Maybe I'm wrong though.
Anyway, someone (some said he was a troll, some said he was right) said that HANS could bypass the new AP, but I have no means of verifying that.
In any case, don't update, since 9.5 is the last FW without the new encryption on N3DS, so you'll be able to downgrade to 9.2 if a ARM11 kernel exploit is found :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte