Hacking New Nintendo 3DS Australia = PAL?

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Can i play PAL games on the australia New Nintendo 3DS and change the language to german? Cause smealum posted on twitter that the coming exploit will be patched on EU/American New Nintendo 3DS.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Yeah i can. Hopefully it will be possible on New Nintendo 3DS Australia. I want the exploit on it and language german.

oh you want and exploit too, not just German.

and i want 51% share of Nintendo.. so does mean i will get that?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I believe Australian 3DS'es are compatible with European software, but I'm not sure if you can select German as a language. If Australian 3DS'es (AUS) run the same firmware as European ones (EUR) then you should be in the clear, if not, you might have to import.

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I believe Australian 3DS'es are compatible with European software, but I'm not sure if you can select German as a language. If Australian 3DS'es (AUS) run the same firmware as European ones (EUR) then you should be in the clear, if not, you might have to import.

They are the same. If you have an European 3DS, you can try to change your region to Australia.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Can i play PAL games on the australia New Nintendo 3DS and change the language to german? Cause smealum posted on twitter that the coming exploit will be patched on EU/American New Nintendo 3DS.

why exactly do you think the exploit would not be patched on the australian new3ds?

Reactions: Foxi4

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I just realized that he means the *New 3DS XL*, not a *3DS XL* that's new. Dammit Nintendo, I'm a seasoned gamer and your console names just confused me. Step your goddamn game up - people complained about the name "Wii U" but now you're just f*cking teasing people.

No, the New 3DS is unlikely to be compatible with standard 3DS exploits unless the firmware has the exact same security hole as the old 3DS, and even if it does, the exploit will require re-working anyways because of hardware differences.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

if smealum twittered, that it will be fixxed, then it will be fixxed for AUS consoles, too, because AUS consoles ARE EU consoles

Reactions: Skelletonike

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's start from the fact that smealum's exploit (in its current form) doesn't allow running backups anyways, so even if the hole will still be there, it won't do what the OP wants it to do. ssspwn is strictly for Homebrew use, it will not run ROM's, European or other, at least until someone figures out how to elevate from userland to kernel access (if that's even possible in ssspwn).

Reactions: Skelletonike

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
GorTesK :You dont understand what i mean. The AU New Nintendo 3DS release before the EU New Nintendo 3DS. So it is possible that the exploit get patched before the EU New Nintendo 3DS release(E.g. higher firmware on it). Smealum wont wait for the EU release, so Nintendo will have much time to patch with new firmware.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
GorTesK :You dont understand what i mean. The AU New Nintendo 3DS release before the EU New Nintendo 3DS. So it is possible that the exploit get patched before the EU New Nintendo 3DS release(E.g. higher firmware on it). Smealum wont wait for the EU release, so Nintendo will have much time to patch with new firmware.

you keep talking about australia release, yet your country flag shows austria, you do realize, those are two different countries, right? maybe you should first figure out, where you live before you keep going with this argument

pLaYeR^^

Doctor Switch
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
you keep talking about australia release, yet your country flag shows austria, you do realize, those are two different countries, right? maybe you should first figure out, where you live before you keep going with this argument
Austria and EU New Nintendo 3DS are both the same region code, so all games will work on the australia New Nintendo 3DS too. The last open question is, if i can change the language on the australia New Nintendo 3DS to german. Its possible that the EU New Nintendo 3DS will release with a higher firmware than the australia New Nintendo 3DS. You understand?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I think he wants to import the system, which is why he's asking if he could change the language settings.

Reactions: pelago

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM