Hardware New MHGen 3DSXL version?

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am lucky to pick this bundle up at my local Best buy. However, dual TN ...... I really want to replace my zelda hyrule with this console , but looks like this cant replace my dual IPS zelda after all. Packing it up to return -.- ; such a shame, the console looks extremely nice and sleek.

Edit: Sorry forgot to report that the system come with 10.7

Last edited by lidolinn,

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am lucky to pick this bundle up at my local Best buy. However, dual TN ...... I really want to replace my zelda hyrule with this console , but looks like this cant replace my dual IPS zelda after all. Packing it up to return -.- ; such a shame, the console looks extremely nice and sleek.

Edit: Sorry forgot to report that the system come with 10.7

I heard some people don't like IPS because of vertical lining. Is that just a old IPS thing?

lidolinn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I heard some people don't like IPS because of vertical lining. Is that just a old IPS thing?

I cant speak for other, but for me, I really cant find any vertical lining on mine and my friend IPS. I saw horizontal lining but its only visible if you eyeball the screen like 3-4 inches from the screen, it doesnt bother me at all. I dont know if you have use IPS screen before. I never know what is the different till I buy my Zelda nds that luckily came with IPS. Putting the zelda NDS and my dual-TN O3DS side by side, I can really tell the different, colors are more vibrant, lively, more depth to the object. I know there is site that compare the different between 2 screen with screenshot, but those pics dont do justice for the IPS screen. TN have its own benefit, but I really dont like the dull, washed-out colors produce by TN. For me, IPS colors out-weight whatever cons that came with it. Some can't live with the scanlines from IPS, so if you can, try to obtain them both, compare them and decide for yourself which is better suited you.

Last edited by lidolinn,

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I cant speak for other, but for me, I really cant find any vertical lining on mine and my friend IPS. I saw horizontal lining but its only visible if you eyeball the screen like 3-4 inches from the screen, it doesnt bother me at all. I dont know if you have use IPS screen before. I never know what is the different till I buy my Zelda nds that luckily came with IPS. Putting the zelda NDS and my dual-TN O3DS side by side, I can really tell the different, colors are more vibrant, lively, more depth to the object. I know there is site that compare the different between 2 screen with screenshot, but those pics dont do justice for the IPS screen. TN have its own benefit, but I really dont like the dull, washed-out colors produce by TN. For me, IPS colors out-weight whatever cons that came with it. Some can't live with the scanlines from IPS, so if you can, try to obtain them both, compare them and decide for yourself which is better suited you.

Last system I owned was a reg ds xD but I'm getting a mhgen xl tomorrow in the mail. Friend sent two to me to install a9lh and luma since he's never done any type of modding before. So as reports seem there prob going to be dual threat as everyone says :/

Last edited by TragicKnight,

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems that all are receiving consoles in firm 10.7, the reports of 11 are false?

Yeah I figured as much when they started up. But yes they come on 10.7

Here's a picture of mine

Attachments

• IMG_0565.JPG
    IMG_0565.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 200

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Apparently most of the monster hunter gen console is on 10.7
i asked my friend again if her 3DS was on 10.7 or 11.0 but she didn't look and had to use the system transfer,so i think she updated immediately without looking to the frame wake number.

maybe the 11.0 consoles are from people trying to downgrade and soft bricked and had to force update to 11.0 and then return it to the shop.

TragicKnight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently most of the monster hunter gen console is on 10.7
i asked my friend again if her 3DS was on 10.7 or 11.0 but she didn't look and had to use the system transfer,so i think she updated immediately without looking to the frame wake number.

maybe the 11.0 consoles are from people trying to downgrade and soft bricked and had to force update to 11.0 and then return it to the shop.

Or maybe they updated without knowing and looked later online and found the mistake they did. Or they are just trolling people

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Now the mhg consoles are sold out in amazon usa and mx at his regular price, how limited is this version?

KingOfTaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
seems that all are receiving consoles in firm 10.7, the reports of 11 are false?

Now the mhg consoles are sold out in amazon usa and mx at his regular price, how limited is this version?

I don't have a reputation around here for trolling. The one I saw was new from the box and had 11.0. I didn't bother to take pictures. All I did was perform a hardmod and give it back.

JCR1

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Maybe someone failed to downgrade and forced to update to 11.0 and sent back to store and you bought it again.

Mine arrived today to Mexico, firmware 10.7 from amazon usa.

KingOfTaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe someone failed to downgrade and forced to update to 11.0 and sent back to store and you bought it again.

Mine arrived today to Mexico, firmware 10.7 from amazon usa.

Hint: I didn't buy it.

I'm saying that (I guess) some of the MHGen consoles come new with 11.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end