Hacking New method to solving"connection problem"

bluestuff

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After searching throughout the interwebs i have discovered a new method in possibly sovling the connection problem bug here are the two solutions. After personally trying these methods they have not worked for me but others are getting a confirmation that they are so this is why I would like others to try and see if they are working and for me to see wtf I'm doing wrong
Note: these steps are not mine and are reposts of other credited below thx

Ok, for clone owning, u can follow this procedure (I've copied & pasted from somewhere else - google cache):

(Credit to kmzmc on wiinewz) (EDITED FOR SYNTAX)

2nd EDIT: THIS REQUIRES A GAMECUBE CONTROLLER!

Installing a WiiKey Clone post-3.0-update will give you a useless Wii.
No backups will play, no Originals will play, Setup 1.2, 1.1, 1.0, GCOS,
Reppa work around, kkwarez work around can show up as a GameCube disc, but will not be read.

Wii blocked headers (3.0 update) / WiiKey Clone is looking for its config disc.

The Solution :

Download config 1.2: http://www.wiikey.cn/dl/config.1.2.rar
Extract all,
run 'BootableDisc_.bat'
burn the resulting iso (region is either JAP, PAL, or US).

Download GCOS: wiki.gbatemp.net/images/3/35/...ulti-srcv3.rar

Extract all,

copy your 1.2 iso from above into same folder,

Create New>Text Document,

type 'make-multiv3.exe gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso bootdisc.us/pal/jap.iso'

NOTE: is 'USA' for NTSC-U, not 'us' as it would be in bootdisc.us.iso.
must be one of USA, JAP, or PAL (in uppercase).

save this file as make.bat (by clicking save as and then typing make.bat, saving as type all files)

run make.bat (takes 5-10 mins to create your gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso ISO)

Download HexD: http://mh-nexus.de/downloads.php?product=HxD
(comes in German or English) or really you can download any Hex Editor.

Extract Files, Open HexD, Select File>Open and find gcosv3wiikey1.2.iso,
which was the resulting ISO from your make.bat.

Now find the first line, first column (0,000000000) and change it to 50. You will now see PGCOSDVD........ as your first line, instead of GCOSDVD.

BURN THIS ISO. Load in your Wii. Once you load the disc (like any other game), Select 'Boot DVD' from the GCOS menu.
Eject the disc or just Hit A since you already have the Config 1.2 in there. Put in the Config 1.2 DVD. Configure. Reboot.
OMG YOU HAVE A WORKING WIIKEY CLONE!

Note: This is how you make a GCOS disc (minus the HexD part).
Note: This has been confirmed to work on PAL and NTSC-U systems with the 3.0 firmware.
This is for non-configured WiiKey clones, so if your WiiKey Original works, go find a different thread you sucker who paid too much.
Note: -ixtab- deserves the credit, I just put together this shoddy guide. He didn't bother creating his own GCOS, he used kkwarez. Any GCOS (i.e. WiiUI, Reppa fix, KKWarez fix) will all work if you Hex edit to 50.

By the way, this is really because 3.0 firmware doesn't allow disks with incorrect headers to run anymore, and that the wiikey clone uses a different header for their code than the wiikey original.

Good luck!

p.s. I'm not responsible if it doesn't work, ok, it worked for me, and that's all I can say.

and for a possibly shortened version by indycent

# Download WiiKey update 1.9g
# Download http://wiki.gbatemp.net/images/3/35/Make-multi-srcv3.rar
# Extract to a folder
# Copy the 1.9g iso to the above folder
# Create a make.bat file in that folder with the contents
"make-multiv3.exe gcosv3wiikey1.9.iso bootdisc.us/pal/jap.iso"
NOTE: must be one of USA, JAP, or PAL (in uppercase).
# run make.bat, will take a few minutes
# Download HexD: http://mh-nexus.de/downloads.php?product=HxD (comes in German or English) or really you can download any Hex Editor.
# Extract Files, Open HexD, Select File>Open and find gcosv3wiikey1.9.iso,
which was the resulting ISO from your make.bat.
# find the first line, first column (0,000000000) and change it to 50. You will now see PGCOSDVD........ as your first line, instead of GCOSDVD.the original may say GGCOSDVD
# BURN THIS ISO. Load in your Wii. Once you load the disc (like any other game), Select 'Boot DVD' from the GCOS menu. Run the update.

HAVE FUN AND I PRAY TO GO THIS WORKS
wacko.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
this works if you cannot boot the update disc, not if you can't update when your in the update process. If you get the check your connection error you have an un-updatable clone.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
this works if you cannot boot the update disc, not if you can't update when your in the update process. If you get the check your connection error you have an un-updatable clone.

Quit posting this misinformation. That is the least likely reason you will get a check connection error.

You are correct on the mistitled post though. You will never get to the update process when your Wii can't recognize a Gamecube disc.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Quit posting this misinformation. That is the least likely reason you will get a check connection error.

You are correct on the mistitled post though. You will never get to the update process when your Wii can't recognize a Gamecube disc.
Actually, all clones that cannot update get that message and that message won't go away in that case by resoldering etc. But yeah, it CAN be something else too, like bad wires, blablabla in case of a proper wiikey or a "good clone". But it is not misinformation.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you get the check your connection error you have an un-updatable clone.

That statement is misinformation.

Please show me the clones that are "un-updatable". How many have you personally run across? How about some pictures?

Bah, why do I even bother. I'll go back to playing SMG on Wiis with properly updated and installed WiiKeys (clones & originals).

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
lol? you haven't been reading the forums? there've been quite a few people posting with clones with wrong fuse settings and whatnot, i.e. crappy clones. They could in theory update if they get fixed, but as they are then, the cannot. That is not misinformation. Some people (i.e. the maker of the chip) just slammed the wiikey firmware on a chip that they did not properly setup before, which does work but then it couldn't be updated. Stop bein a smartass and do a search before attacking me! geez.

Just one example thread: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=65189

and another: http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=86985

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Again, you're just re-posting speculation. None of these threads contain facts, just people guessing as to what their problems are. Many of these people have purchased pre-modded systems and don't even know what chip they have. Many have been duped, not with Wiikey clones but open source chips that won't update with the wiikey discs.

How many Wiis have you personally modded? How many chips (any, not just Wiikeys or true clones) have you burned externally? Are you aware that the 'wrong fuse settings' discussion began over on psx-scene/wiinewz regarding the WiiKey 1.9g dumped hex being placed on dead chips, and was dragged over here as speculation as to why some Wiikey clones weren't working - probably not.

I'm not being a smartass. I've been modding consoles for a long time. I've been on most of these forums before the initial Wii hack was found. I know when people are just reposting speculation and mis-information and posting out of their ass. No need to search as I was here when the initial posts were being made and have a fairly good memory.

So go back to leading the blind, blindman. You might be trying to help but trust me, you're not. I'll just laugh at your 'advice' and go back to playing SMG.
grog.gif

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Again, you're just re-posting speculation.  None of these threads contain facts, just people guessing as to what their problems are.  Many of these people have purchased pre-modded systems and don't even know what chip they have.  Many have been duped, not with Wiikey clones but open source chips that won't update with the wiikey discs.

How many Wiis have you personally modded?  How many chips (any, not just Wiikeys or true clones) have you burned externally?  Are you aware that the 'wrong fuse settings' discussion began over on psx-scene/wiinewz regarding the WiiKey 1.9g dumped hex being placed on dead chips, and was dragged over here as speculation as to why some Wiikey clones weren't working - probably not.

I'm not being a smartass.  I've been modding consoles for a long time.  I've been on most of these forums before the initial Wii hack was found.  I know when people are just reposting speculation and mis-information and posting out of their ass.  No need to search as I was here when the initial posts were being made and have a fairly good memory.

So go back to leading the blind, blindman.  You might be trying to help but trust me, you're not.  I'll just laugh at your 'advice' and go back to playing SMG.  
grog.gif
you ARE being a smartass. I've been on lots of these forums long before there even WAS a WII, that means nothing. Nor that I too have lots of experience. Ofcourse the fuse setting discussion began with the hex dumps that's how ppl believe these crappy clones came to life. If it turns out they really don't have a wiikey clone but some random other chip, they STILL have to get another chip.
But I don't have to prove anything my dear man, you don't have any proof of your theories, nor do you focus on reasoning and evidence instead of what ur doing now. I understand you like to portray yourself as mr experience, but why not actually try to help instead of flaming me
wink.gif
(or stay away and play SMG)
What it boils down to is that we don't know for sure what's going on with these folks. Hope for them they sort it out but I certainly hope you get a grip and quit the bitchin. Because I am so done wasting my time with you.
And read the thread you posted in a bit more http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=65189&st=15
lecture.gif

edit: since this post this dude's sent me further flaming through a private message, classy. *ignore*

Anyway since nobody reads this now anyway, read all the info that's there, my thoughts and his and decide what you want. I'm done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1