New MaxLander Update Removes Token Write Limit

Hey everybody, I have good news for you today! Recently I made a comprehensive unboxing, tutorial, and review of the MaxLander device that you can watch below.

The MaxLander is a device that allows you to backup, download, and restore all Skylanders characters. In the video I discussed the unreleased update that promised to remove the largest concern that people have about the device, the fact that you were only allowed to backup 99 Skylanders per token.

Recently, the team sent me the newest update to test and I am happy to confirm that they delivered on all of their promises. The new update supports the new Supercharger figures (1), removes the 99 game limit (2), allows you to reset a figure to its initial status (3) and has a new and improved file management system (4)
upload_2015-9-19_9-53-41.png

upload_2015-9-19_9-53-46.png

In addition, overall stability has been improved (where have we heard that before?) The new update will be released within the next couple of days and will be available for download at their site at http://www.maxlander.net.

Ericzander

GBAtemp's residential attorney
OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Would be a lot better if there was a Android app which did that instead of another hardware dongle.
It would be, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, if that were possible I am sure that it would have been developed by now. It seems that these NFC toys are not easily emulated by everyday devices.

Reactions: Mama Looigi

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
It would be, wouldn't it? Unfortunately, if that were possible I am sure that it would have been developed by now. It seems that these NFC toys are not easily emulated by everyday devices.
And it's easier to charge for more for physical stuff than with apps. If I cracked the NFC toys and very few others did so far, I'd do the same - push to sell hardware.

Ericzander

OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
And it's easier to charge for more for physical stuff than with apps. If I cracked the NFC toys and very few others did so far, I'd do the same - push to sell hardware.
You're saying you managed to not only backup the toys with your phone but also use those backups in the game through your phone? Because backing up the toys are one thing, but actually being able to use them is another.

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
You're saying you managed to not only backup the toys with your phone but also use those backups in the game through your phone? Because backing up the toys are one thing, but actually being able to use them is another.
Huh? I never said anything like that. You must be assuming that, but no, I meant nowhere near that. My post was half-assed, my bad.

What I meant is, if I *managed* to crack how NFC toys work, and there's nobody else in the market that I know of that have cracked it as well, I wouldn't go the Android app route if I wanted to monetize this unique opportunity. I'd find a way to turn it into hardware and then sell that, because that pays better.

Ericzander

OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
Huh? I never said anything like that. You must be assuming that, but no, I meant nowhere near that. My post was half-assed, my bad.

What I meant is, if I *managed* to crack how NFC toys work, and there's nobody else in the market that I know of that have cracked it as well, I wouldn't go the Android app route if I wanted to monetize this unique opportunity. I'd find a way to turn it into hardware and then sell that, because that pays better.
Oh okay I understand. I must have misinterpreted you. I don't think that the android app route is possible. The Amiiqo uses an android app, but the actual piece of hardware is what works. I don't think it's as easy as just using an app by itself. If it is, then somebody will figure it out eventually!

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Oh okay I understand. I must have misinterpreted you. I don't think that the android app route is possible. The Amiiqo uses an android app, but the actual piece of hardware is what works. I don't think it's as easy as just using an app by itself. If it is, then somebody will figure it out eventually!
But some Android phones are NFC-capable, right? That means they have the hardware to interface with other NFC devices?

Ericzander

OP
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Somalia
But some Android phones are NFC-capable, right? That means they have the hardware to interface with other NFC devices?
Yes they are NFC compatible. Most Samsung phones are and a ton of others. That allows you to extract the data, but once you have the data on your phone it's not as simple as just using that to play the characters without a third party tool that you inject it to.

nightweb

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I found this page when googling, if I remember correctly some people where looking into using the NFC phones to read/write skylander figures but a problem came up with the fact Skylanders are MiFare classic tags and unless the phone has a NXP chip in it the tag can't be read as they don't follow the standard. Most of the earlier NFC-capable phones has NXP chips in them but around the time of the Galaxy S4 they started to use different chip maker as well (Broadcom if I remember correctly) this is why an Android app could never be used for this kind of thing.

Last edited by nightweb,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night