XP
Country
Canada

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they intend to put a Super Mario Maker game on this system (which I'm pretty sure they'd be keen to do), they're gonna need a touch screen. Got a feeling the announce of touch and motion (I'm thinking each Joy-Con will have motion built in) are going to come in a separate video on the device in the coming months.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
If they intend to put a Super Mario Maker game on this system (which I'm pretty sure they'd be keen to do), they're gonna need a touch screen. Got a feeling the announce of touch and motion (I'm thinking each Joy-Con will have motion built in) are going to come in a separate video on the device in the coming months.
And how is that going to work when you're playing on the television? The controller doesn't have touch and as far as was shown the screen has to be in the dock for the TV bit to work.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And how is that going to work when you're playing on the television? The controller doesn't have touch and as far as was shown the screen has to be in the dock for the TV bit to work.
Maybe incredibly accurate motion controls? You get two controllers bundled with the system, if the dock has some form of motion tracking you could theoretically pick up/place objects in 3D and select options in 2D

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Could support the Wii U gamepad
It could, But making a Wii U gamepad compatible when they could've made the switch itself work like the Wii U gamepad from the start makes no real sense. Also we're talking about the base system here. I'm sure there'll be plenty highly situational peripherals for the system as is nintendo's style. But making guesses about those is a whole other level of speculation.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It could, But making a Wii U gamepad compatible when they could've made the switch itself work like the Wii U gamepad from the start makes no real sense. Also we're talking about the base system here. I'm sure there'll be plenty highly situational peripherals for the system as is nintendo's style. But making guesses about those is a whole other level of speculation.
Clearly the Switch doesn't work like the Wii U gamepad, it just happens to have a screen you can take with you for on-the-go gaming.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Clearly the Switch doesn't work like the Wii U gamepad, it just happens to have a screen you can take with you for on-the-go gaming.
What makes you think i thought it worked like the Wii U gamepad? i said that they could've made it work like the Wii U gamepad if they'd wanted that. Clearly they didn't.

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe incredibly accurate motion controls? You get two controllers bundled with the system, if the dock has some form of motion tracking you could theoretically pick up/place objects in 3D and select options in 2D
The dock doesn't seem to have any cameras or so. The dock seems to just be a dock with a video out, usb slots, and stuff like that. no real additional functions as far as i could tell. Even if it did i can't see how that would replace a touch screen.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People talk about all these features and compatibilities Nintendo could throw in...
Remember. This thing has a LOT going on already. A small powerful processor, a built in 720p+ screen, removable controllers with wireless/bluetooth. I am doubtful they will be able to sell if for $300, and if they don't get it under $350, it's gonna be Wii U 2.0.
If they add streaming to the Wii U gamepad, that costs even more, and they don't have much wiggle room with cost.

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do know one thing, scratching that pretty screen is gonna hurt real bad, as that screen looks expensive as fuck, lol...

Reactions: Deboog

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it'll throw back to the Gameboy days and actually have a transparent material protecting the screen.
That would be dope.
EDIT:
Wait I was thinking of this. :P
117133531.pYjqyD1c.P9110002800x600.JPG

search

Last edited by Deboog,

Viri

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it'll throw back to the Gameboy days and actually have a transparent material protecting the screen.
I think the top screens on all the 3DSes have that, I know the small O3DS has it at least. I never taken the top screen off an XL 3DS.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like it's a shame that they couldn't spring for internal HDDs inside the dock or it might end up being like the Wii U where it's going to be external HDDs all over again.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel like it's a shame that they couldn't spring for internal HDDs inside the dock or it might end up being like the Wii U where it's going to be external HDDs all over again.
I guarantee that any external media used will be SD cards, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to use it on the go

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I guarantee that any external media used will be SD cards, because otherwise you wouldn't be able to use it on the go
Maybe there's a chance that 256gb SD cards will be cheap enough but I wonder if there's going to be a crazy compression method to store a digital library of 1080p/720p games on a handheld. Or maybe they'll push cartridges super hard over their eshop.

Fazana

Professional Trashposter
Trophies
XP
Country
128GB SD cards are around £30 and around £75 for 256GB.
A lot of WiiU games are still in the single digit of gigabytes, so it would take quite a few to fill up 128GB, and even more so for 256GB. But then even more years down the line when eventually we reach 512 and 1TB. Also being a Tegra, I doubt textures are gonna be all that big, so I speculate that the file sizes of games will be around the WiiU level, or perhaps lower, though definitely not higher unless it's some super huge ass game like XenobladeX (which was around 20GB)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: hmm