SanoKeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well a month ago I got my Xbox 360 250Gb

And Well, I bought some games, SSFIV AE, UMVC3 etc etc... I like those games but, I really want to play emulators on my xbox, and I found some that look pretty cool, But I have no idea on how to run those, I found em like .xex files.

So, My questions are.

What do I need to run xex files and how?
(I think I read something about Jtag, Still don't know well what it is)

I really don't want to hard mod my xbox, can I do it with a hack or exploit without getting banned from Xbox Live? (I'll play original game discs only, not burned, just wanna play emulators).

Any guide or any help please?
Thanks

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you have a lot of soldering skills you could preform a Dual NAND hack and RGH the console.

Otherwise you'll be stuck on only flashing the drive if you want to play backups.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
As the OP is uninterested in playing backup, flashing the drive won't do for him :P

@OP
Your only way is a RGH chip, which requires soldering. A no-soldering clip is going to be out soon, so you might opt for that.

Keep in mind that by using RGH (and running emulators and stuff) the chances of getting banned are quite high.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Mixed up threads.
My mistake.

If OP could obtain a banned/non-banned KV he could use that in his Dual NAND setup.

This reduces the chance of getting banned slightly.

mocalacace

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't even sign in to xbox live on an RGH xbox. Also if you have a dual NAND you wont get banned from xbox live cause there is no real way for them to tell.

Sanoblue

The Fuzzy Blue Woof!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't even sign in to xbox live on an RGH xbox. Also if you have a dual NAND you wont get banned from xbox live cause there is no real way for them to tell.
so with a dual nand... i could run emus on xbox and swap back n forth no problem with no risk to getting banned? also on dual nand is this option work as a swap back n forth backup solution?

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
so with a dual nand... i could run emus on xbox and swap back n forth no problem with no risk to getting banned? also on dual nand is this option work as a swap back n forth backup solution?
Basically yeah. Bear in mind though that Dual boot solutions are hard to come by ATM and consoles including them tend to be rather expensive.

SanoKeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, Thanks to everyone that helped me.

So, There's no way to run xex files without a mod chip.

One last question, if I instal a mod chip, and play original discs, there's no risk to get banned right?
And, when running xex files like emulators, there's no risk of getting banned either right?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Dual NAND mod allows you to switch between a original state and a hacked state.
Hacked state means your glitch chip is running + your hacked NAND is active.
Original state means your glitch chip is OFF and your original NAND is active.

Note that you MUST create a separate profile for emulators and homebrews since they DO write data to your profile that IS DETECTABLE by MS and MIGHT get your profile banned, in the worst case your KV also gets banned.
I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT put any homebrew files/alternative dashboards on the internal HDD, to avoid accidental launching + writing of data.

If your KV gets banned your console gets banned.
Then there is NO way of accessing XBLive EVER again.

Imho, It's not worth the trouble of keeping stealth and doing all the hacks etc just to run some emulators.
But it's your console so you can decide.

Reactions: 2 people

SanoKeo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Dual NAND mod allows you to switch between a original state and a hacked state.
Hacked state means your glitch chip is running + your hacked NAND is active.
Original state means your glitch chip is OFF and your original NAND is active.

Note that you MUST create a separate profile for emulators and homebrews since they DO write data to your profile that IS DETECTABLE by MS and MIGHT get your profile banned, in the worst case your KV also gets banned.
I also HIGHLY RECOMMEND that you DO NOT put any homebrew files/alternative dashboards on the internal HDD, to avoid accidental launching + writing of data.

If your KV gets banned your console gets banned.
Then there is NO way of accessing XBLive EVER again.

Imho, It's not worth the trouble of keeping stealth and doing all the hacks etc just to run some emulators.
But it's your console so you can decide.

Ooook, That was very helpful, thanks a lot DinohScene Well, now that I see that MS security is serious business, and it's really not that important to me to play backups, meh, I'll try modding a PS2 or something, I'm a really old school gamer.

Thanks for all your help guys

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
You're welcome.

The emulators that do work on a 360 work better on a PC or a Wii for example.

360 homebrew is hopefully... rising due to the fresh RGH.
Hopefully we'll see somewhat better emulators (that work on FSD etc) and homebrew in the near future.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
And then what?
Go on XBLive and be banned again within a couple of hours?

Then spend another 40 bucks on another KV and get that one also banned?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If a "retail dash" gets it's KV banned there is no way of injecting a new one without having a permanent hack installed.

All the writing above was for OP to inform him that a 360 should be as clean as possible if it wants to go on XBLive.

You're right on the fact that it's indeed advised on injecting a banned KV into a hacked NAND to prevent accidental accessing of XBLive.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs