Homebrew new-hbmenu (∩ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)⊃━☆゚

D

Deleted User

download is v1.3 but screen in this post is v2
That's because it is the version of the CIA, which boots the .3dsx.

It works. I have v1.3 installed, and if I use the new boot.3dsx then it still boots to 2.0

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hopefully we'll get a gridlauncher style option soon - I really dislike the standard hbmenu style with it's auto-alphabetised list order.
Also, I've found a number of my smdh's display with corrupted text, such as the top hb app in this image;
bot_0000_zps5ddgavxg.jpg

Are the old boot.3dsx's now obsolete? Or can we roll back to using them via hblauncher and it's payloads?

Reactions: pandavova

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, I feel you. I don't want to give my custom homebrew theme up. :cry:
I've just found that you can still use gridlauncher, however quitting out of it using the home button caused a crash and a stack dump.
Hopefully someone will fork the last build of gridlauncher and apply whatever fixes Rosalina employs.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've just found that you can still use gridlauncher, however quitting out of it using the home button caused a crash and a stack dump.
Hopefully someone will fork the last build of gridlauncher and apply whatever fixes Rosalina employs.
I'm still using gridlauncher. I'm not giving it up just yet. To bad mashers left the seen a while ago.

PrometheusG.

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I updated my N3DS XL to Luma 8.0 + boot9strap 1.2 but when I try to launch something from the new Homebrew Launcher 2.0.0 (rosalina) it freezes and I have to shut down my console by pressing the power button ( the.3dsx files I tried to use are 3DSident and FBI)
What I am doing wrong?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated my N3DS XL to Luma 8.0 + boot9strap 1.2 but when I try to launch something from the new Homebrew Launcher 2.0.0 (rosalina) it freezes and I have to shut down my console by pressing the power button ( the.3dsx files I tried to use are 3DSident and FBI)
What I am doing wrong?
I think it's just super buggy atm.

Reactions: PrometheusG.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
How useful is "Rosalina" to me? :unsure:
Try it out and see if you like it
I've been using it for the past week and it's alright. Although I personally never cared for menus like NTR and that lack of care carries over to Rosalina.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont need any special only run homebrew and magic?
Put the new boot.3dsx on the sd card and just run the hbl cia. What happens is, the new luma3ds can actually inject the new hbl into any system app. What it does is when it launches the hbl cia, it injects the new hbl into it.

Reactions: Whyausernameidk

DjoeN

Captain Haddock!
Trophies
Website
djoen.dommel.be
XP
Country
Belgium
The only difference, when using installed HBL.cia, you don't need Rosalina for it
If you use "ANY other app" you only need to do the inject once, as long as the system is powered on, as soon as you turn it off and later back on,
You have to do the rosalina inject again.

That's why i preffer to use it the old way, install HBL.cia and run .3dsx files from there., no need to do the whole inject stuff

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try it out and see if you like it
I've been using it for the past week and it's alright. Although I personally never cared for menus like NTR and that lack of care carries over to Rosalina.
I'm still confused of what all i can do with it. What are the coolest features to you? What do you use the most?

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only difference, when using installed HBL.cia, you don't need Rosalina for it
If you use "ANY other app" you only need to do the inject once, as long as the system is powered on, as soon as you turn it off and later back on,
You have to do the rosalina inject again.

That's why i preffer to use it the old way, install HBL.cia and run .3dsx files from there., no need to do the whole inject stuff
Considering nintendo can apparently view the title id of the application you're in, this could work wonders in hiding people. Also, Rosalina is set to actually automatically inject the hbl into the hbl cia, so you are using injection.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm still confused of what all i can do with it. What are the coolest features to you? What do you use the most?
What can it do? Too much for me to breakdown easily
https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases
What do I use? Literally none of it. I was requested to test it and thus tested it like I would any other request. Now I am just waiting for Corbenik, ReiNAND, or the Private CFW I use to update to support 1.2 so I can jump back to those.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended