New Fatal Frame Announced Exclusively for Wii U

DunnoBro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've got mixed feelings. I think the Wii U is the absolute best console for this type of game but... man, all the potential scares and creeps

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
This would be like, the first Wii U game that uses the Gamepad as a main game mechanic correctly.
Erm...have you played zombiu? While the gamepad's prime utility was a map and inventory, it served as a sniping aid and scanning device as well. And did that pretty decently. It may have not been "just" the main reason, it sure used it in a lot of ways. :)

The sad thing is that this is the only exception. Nintendoland was more of a tech demo than a game and other games make only minimal use of it. From what I've heard of pikmin 3, it doesn't even add much value there either. :(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The sad thing is that this is the only exception. Nintendoland was more of a tech demo than a game and other games make only minimal use of it. From what I've heard of pikmin 3, it doesn't even add much value there either. :(

Ya know what, if Nintendo was greedy they could've sold each separately on the eShop for £3.50/$5.80, so it was 12 mini games in total... £42/$70.

I sure am glad they didn't think of this but for those that'd just want to play one of the twelve, it wouldn't be a bad purchase per say.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Erm...have you played zombiu?

No because the hype around this game was so non existent that no one of my friends who picked up a Wii U bought the game.
I might play it once I have my own wii U but I doubt this will ever happen since I'm buying Nintendo Consoles mainly for Local multiplayer and some exclusive singleplayer titles that I am really hyped about.

_Mary_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
ive never played fatal frame before >.< i should give it a try.. do they have it on wii? i need someone beside me when i play this hehehhehe

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Erm...have you played zombiu?

I hate that ZombiU is seen as if it were a great game, it did have a great concept but graphically it looked worse than a 360 launch game, boring as hell, mediocre voice acting and not worth buying it at all.

I'd rather play Telltale's Walking Dead, granted it's not really a game but sure is a lot more fun than ZombiU.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I hate that ZombiU is seen as if it were a great game, it did have a great concept but graphically it looked worse than a 360 launch game, boring as hell, mediocre voice acting and not worth buying it at all.
You're entitled to your opinion. I don't share it, though. The ideas were worked out perfectly and the thing with horror games is that even where there wasn't anyone around felt tense because you don't know that in advance. Graphically or voice acting wise...I can't say I ever noticed it.

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive never played fatal frame before >.< i should give it a try.. do they have it on wii? i need someone beside me when i play this hehehhehe
Yes, a remake of Fatal Frame II came out in all territories, and Fatal Frame IV came out in Japan and a fan-translation has been made.

Reactions: _Mary_

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu