new fail0verflow post explains everything

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Ericthegreat, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Jan 2, 2013
    • Newcomer

officialjunk New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    isn't the wii u controller part of it?

Thorhian My CPU's prefer Water

Message Count:
    United States
    The long strings seem to refer to the cryptography involved with the Wii u. Wish I knew more of reverse engineering and coding, would love to get in on this action.

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Message Count:
    United States
    My response to their "explanation"
    Bladexdsl and Wizerzak like this.

Taleweaver Storywriter

Message Count:
    Belgium
    Me: A diagram? Is that all you've got to show for seven and a half million years' weeks of work?
    Fail0verflow: I think the problem, to be quite honest with you, is that you've never actually known what the question is.
    Me: But it was the Great Question! The Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe and Everything wiiu hacking!
    Fail0verflow: yes. But what exactly is it?
    Me: Well...you know, it's just Everything...Wiiu hacking...
    Fail0verflow: Exactly. So once you do know what the question actually is, you'll know what the answer means.
    Me: Oh, terrific. :(
    Maxternal and ayrek like this.

Neversoft New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I don't doubt for a second that Failoverflow have passed some major milestones in opening up the Wii U... But you folks DO realise that they're essentially trolling you guys with the most recent cryptic update? I imagine they're pissing themselves at the wild speculation going off here - just sit back, relax, grab the popcorn and be patient. Failoverflow will deliver but it won't be on your timescales.
    bezem and pelago like this.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    broadway, arm, and what is third die on wii chip?
    • Newcomer

ADJST New Member

Message Count:
    Australia
    The picture ;) troll face.

Attached Files:

• Newcomer

Stalkid64X New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    You're still missing the point. You cannot find the answer. Cannot.
    You can't find it no matter how hard you look or speculate, because you're missing the KEY thing you need before you first CAN learn the answer.
    You don't know the question you're looking for the answer for. It is particularly spectacular trolling.
    You don't disappoint them on the result. Continue wasting time on something you cannot possibly figure out without knowing what it is hinting at first.
    • Newcomer

gouki New Member

Message Count:
    Russia
    Love it when people feel special for once and totally milk it by being all secretive

and if i read one more time "maybe in 30 days we are gonna see.."

dude.. the days are not related to anything in the future. check the blog. after 8 days they posted some hashes, after 11, after 14 days and after 30 days. And they days count up from the day they started tryiing to hack the console/it was released. what the hashes are related to, i dont know. but probably nand related.
    Last edited by gouki, Jan 3, 2013
    Supez likes this.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I asked NICELY and so I know one side is Broadway and the other is Arm, and so they have it ALL unlocked except the question mark. That part I do not know about. THAT part is speculation which is why I asked what the third die on the chip is (they are all on one unit). If you know something beyond this, then add to it BUT THE source told me arm/broadway because I simply ASKED nicely and they were itching to give a clue. I am sure if others knew where to ask and WHO they would probably be told the same thing. COULD BE MISDIRECTION but the person was willing to answer SOME questions. Did not say "Never tell anyone" so I am saying this on here. I guessed one side was vWii, the other was Wii but was wayyyy off. So the question mark is on the ONE side, and they released a hash with that diagram I believe. Any guesses on the hashes (specifically)?

davebaol New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    @Ray Lewis
    Well fail0verflow never confirmed what you said but yes that's the most plausible hypothesis and AFAIK the 1st who told it was comex about 17 hours ago
    DannyDeLonge likes this.
    • Newcomer

Stalkid64X New Member

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    Yes. Well done. You got a sliver of a hint out of #wiiudev. It wasn't any privileged information. It also only vaguely helps you still because you do not know what it relates to in the first place. Here's a demonstration.
    Answer = 550.
    There. Now tell me what that is the answer to.
    You can't. You don't know what "question" it relates to. That crucial piece is missing. This is the point. This is how they are playing with you.
    Last edited by Stalkid64X, Jan 3, 2013
    Pattonfiend67 likes this.

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Message Count:
    Australia
    translation: (skip to 7:14)
    Last edited by Bladexdsl, Jan 3, 2013

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

Message Count:
    United States
    Ahaha! That's awesome.
    • Newcomer

msaraiva New Member

Message Count:
    Brazil
    Err...you can fit just about anything in that picture. So no, it's not a troll face.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Since you know, enlighten us. I said I was given a little clue and it was not hush hush or anything, lmfao. Thought I would offer it out just to contribute something rather than mocking others. Lock/key only work together, DUH, lol. People chatting alleviates the anticipation/tension of waiting.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thought that was a private room;-) Finding that MANY people on here are actually participating in some of those private rooms. So what is the question mark on the diagram?

davebaol New Member

Message Count:
    Italy
    It's not a private room since everybody can join it.
    About the ? see my interpretation
    http://gbatemp.net/threads/fail0verflow-release-more-somethings.340131/page-4#post-4504290

Kikirini Zelda Fangirl

Message Count:
    United States
    Yes, actually, it is.
    I brought the image into Photoshop and messed around, and also found the troll face. And if you tilt your screen while looking at the original, you can see it as well.
    Psionic Roshambo likes this.

Ray Lewis New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Replied in the other thread, that is interesting (your idea). I saw sven's twitter pics and mind was going around and around on what this could do, wires to certain locations (could not see if soldered or not), and I like puzzles. MAYBE private key for signing apps is the question mark due to error Nintendo made???

SPONSORED LINKS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.