Homebrew New emulators for wii and new life to 10 years

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello so I know that when you saw the title here would have thought that new emulators for your wii, but unfortunately that's not what I came treat . What I propose to you as a community we are we 'll get together and begin to develop new emulators for wii, because I want to ask the following question to you : Who here would not want to play Shemune on your wii ? or even god of war ghost of sparta psp ?

Yeah I like and very sincerely tired of being alone watching as happened one day appear someone who can do the job.

So I'm proposing that we start from working on new versions now? No, I'm suggesting that initially we assess ourselves as far as the Wii can get to so we have a starting point and so know better what we can do .

What we know so far is that there are great emulators for wii as the nes, supernes , vbgagx , mbga ( even very young is already very good ) , the n64 (which needs a lot to be improved) , PS1 (which is very good but needs improvement ) and between other video games .

First question that must be asked: Is there any emulator for Wii that can access the memory that the videgame uses to run its normal wii games like mario galaxy , super smash bros ?

Come on people can do incredible things if we join :)

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Metroid%2B-%2BC%25C3%25B3pia.jpg

this idea came to me recently ( just a detail channel music plays in the background as it was in earlier versions of gx usb loader ) on top would be a modification of gx usb loader ( a theme )

mustafag32g

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So you want a psp emulator for wii or what?

It cant happen bro, the processor of wii is not strong enough to emulate psp at a playable speed :-)

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So you want a psp emulator for wii or what?

It cant happen bro, the processor of wii is not strong enough to emulate psp at a playable speed :-)

I want to we get a kind of debate to know how far the wii can run other videogmes , to thus can be started some projects of new emulators.

on the PSP , the game will be running in the console memory he can not run ?

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I want to we get a kind of debate to know how far the wii can run other videogmes , to thus can be started some projects of new emulators.

on the PSP , the game will be running in the console memory he can not run ?

First of all, it seems you didn't understand the differences between all those real videogame systems out there. They use different CPU's, GPU's, SPU's with different MHz, GHz, different command sets in the CPU's etc. I guess you're not really after emulating but porting or converting a game (or even rewrite the code from scratch) to the Wii. That was a dream I had years ago with my Commodore Amiga emulating the Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) hence they have both 68k CPU's. So I always thought: Hey, why not run 68k code of the Mega Drive natively on the Amiga's 68k CPU? And in the end I accepted that this is not really that easy and nearly impossible.

Do you really want all those systems emulated on Wii? Then you have to wait for a miracle (that will never happen). Sorry to ne harsh like that, but this is the sad reality. By the way, I liked you game selection screen. I guess something like that could be don for USBLoader GX.

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
First of all, it seems you didn't understand the differences between all those real videogame systems out there. They use different CPU's, GPU's, SPU's with different MHz, GHz, different command sets in the CPU's etc. I guess you're not really after emulating but porting or converting a game (or even rewrite the code from scratch) to the Wii. That was a dream I had years ago with my Commodore Amiga emulating the Sega Mega Drive (Sega Genesis) hence they have both 68k CPU's. So I always thought: Hey, why not run 68k code of the Mega Drive natively on the Amiga's 68k CPU? And in the end I accepted that this is not really that easy and nearly impossible.

Do you really want all those systems emulated on Wii? Then you have to wait for a miracle (that will never happen). Sorry to ne harsh like that, but this is the sad reality. By the way, I liked you game selection screen. I guess something like that could be don for USBLoader GX.

Thanks for the reply , actually yesterday thinking a bit I came across a full Wii other consoles games and thought the same thing : " more games I think is not a good idea," but it never hurts dream a little, like a nullDC finalized for wii because the beta it was very promising .
Ou at least Yabause to play virtua fighter .

This screen that just made would be a new model for the usb loader gx same , however the do not know the contact developers to submit this idea.

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If powe is the problem, why dont we think of this for the WiiU?

Maybe I possible in Fuuro , but I doubt very equanto emulators on the Wii U , mainly because of the complexity of doing anything for him

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Wii SHOULD in theory be able to play DS games, we just don't have a decent emulator yet

This is true, the Wii has full capacity to run a DS , but I think the author of desmune abandoned the project for the Wii , if only he and others who dessistiram passasem the codes of projects so we could continue them

Tarmfot

Trophies
XP
Country
Montserrat
I would prefer things like internet multiplayer for gba(or local), usb hid controllers compatibility like nintendont for other emulators, etc...
Or more projects like wimmfi , riconnect24. New versions for wiimc, etc...
In short. More live to wii homebrew.

Reactions: Linkuei

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii homebrew-scene is fading out. The activity is in an all time low right now.
Personally, I believe the most have been crammed out of the Wii and there is not much new stuff to build on. Of course, I would love a 100% working ps1 emulator...or a dreamcast emulator. But it will never be reality.

It will continue to fade, just like the homebrew scene for the OG Xbox.

It was a great ride though. And I still play my Wii games with the thought of what a fantastic console it was.

Last edited by siliconmessiah,

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I apologize for my English , but I'm writing by google translator.
The Wii homebrew-scene is fading out. The activity is in an all time low right now.
Personally, I believe the most have been crammed out of the Wii and there is not much new stuff to build on. Of course, I would love a 100% working ps1 emulator...or a dreamcast emulator. But it will never be reality.

It will continue to fade, just like the homebrew scene for the OG Xbox.

It was a great ride though. And I still play my Wii games with the thought of what a fantastic console it was.

honestly I have to agree , I find it hard a resumption of these projects for the Wii , as now with the beginning of the homebrew on Wii U , at least gives to play ff7 and ocarina of time on the same console lol

siliconmessiah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize for my English , but I'm writing by google translator.

honestly I have to agree , I find it hard a resumption of these projects for the Wii , as now with the beginning of the homebrew on Wii U , at least gives to play ff7 and ocarina of time on the same console lol

What? Is FF7 playable on Wii?

Draguna

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What? Is FF7 playable on Wii?

but by the PS1 emulator , the only one however is that you have to put in so I think it was in interpreter , the game is just a little slow in most music is hardly even feel that you do not even notice . I'm still on the first cd , say it is a bit complicated to go by seugundo cd over to go without many problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1