Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

New DS Flash kit: DSKey

Another N-card alternative

A new DS Flash kit is coming to the market from within Europe. The DSKey, another clone of the N-card style range of DS carts, is coming soon. The DSKey comes with 2GB of onboard storage, 100% compatibility and drag'n'drop functionality. Here's a list of features:
  • [*]Original Size - Insert into DS Slot 1 without any sticking out. [*]Boot from DS slot 1 directly - Do NOT need any passme/flashme. DSKEY can also act like a SuperKey or PassCard if needed. [*]Built-in memory design - Included 2Gbyte NAND flash memory inside, it's the same as USB Disk flash memory, so it's very fast, about 512KByte/sec writing speed. [*]Clear ROM support directly - No patching required, totally supports clean ROMs. Game compatibility up to 100% [*]Multi-games Support - Multi-touch menu to select the games. Games can be added or deleted freely. [*]Easy to use, Plug'n Play - With the DSKEY Writer, DSKEY works like a U-Disk, the only thing you need to do is copy the game into the U-Disk, insert into DS/DSL and play. [*]Micro firmware, easy upgrade - Micro firmware designed, and extended skin which is fully upgradeable. [*]No software required - No software required, just Drag'n Drop files from PC.

halljames

Trophies
Website
www.hallstudios.co.uk
XP
Country
Not another one.

Why doesn't everyone just get an R4 and be done with it
wink.gif

berlinka

You have sustained a lethal injury.
Trophies
Website
www.berlinka.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ugh whats the point anymore =_=

The only reason for making yet another Slot1 solution could be that it's insanely cheap.
I mean if they sell this for 25 bucks I would buy it without even thinking. But if it's the same price as the rest, I don't see ANY point in making this.

N3CR0P57

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm wondering if you could write to the R4's microSD with one of those fancy dust covers?
Although, I've still never had a any problems with my original blue Usb writer, that came with my R4.

kreatosoupa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have to agree. We don't need another Slot 1, clone or not. R4 does it all, and cheap... They have to bring something very new to the mix in order to sell.
grog.gif

And 512kb/sec isn't fast. It basically means you would have to wait over 4 minutes to copy a game the size of Bleach or Elite Beat Agents (128MB). I think I could fill up my 1GB microSD in 4 minutes, and have some time to spare too... They obviously have no idea what fast means.

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There nothing wrong with the N card and it clones
laugh.gif
every single rom runs at full speed with no slow downs thats right including castlevania. I dont fancy the R4 because i couldn't be botherd dealing with micro sds. im glad the r4 is not the only thing in the market its not the perfect solution for everybody
wtf.gif
Also the N card is cheaper than the R4 and it still plays every single rom. YOu also need a japan kingston micro sd just so all game will play on the r4.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are aware the using NAND memory would put the performance on a level that the R4 would never acheive.
The R4 uses NAND you know. The only difference between the two is that the R4 uses removable flash, with the N-Card & clones use integrated flash. All the flash memory used by these types of devices is NAND though.

stop_loading

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are aware the using NAND memory would put the performance on a level that the R4 would never acheive.

And in what way would it perform better then if there's nothing wrong with R4... Well except for Download Play compatibility then, but this product will have no download play compatibility at all: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45180

R4 slows down on downhill jam, nothing wrong my foot

thegame07

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

And in what way would it perform better then if there's nothing wrong with R4... Well except for Download Play compatibility then, but this product will have no download play compatibility at all: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=45180

R4 slows down on downhill jam, nothing wrong my foot

While the N card plays it llike the retail copy. Exactly my point the r4 isn't as perfect as people make it out.
dry.gif
its a good card however every single card has its downside.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end