New details of BOTW Season Pass DLC 1

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by chavosaur, May 2, 2017.

1. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    Hopefully in the later DLC packs they include large dungeons, like bigger than the shrines and the divine beasts, like relative to the sizes of past zelda dungeons (bigger is better for me tbh), maybe then I'll think about purchasing the DLC pass.

2. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    Here's the thing: if you don't think it's a fair deal, don't buy it. Also, how do you know this was cut from the game and not just developed after they were done?

If I'm reading it right, that quote means it'll always have 60 power, even when not fighting Ganon. I highly, highly doubt it'll never "break" because that would pretty much make all other weapons useless.

3. Enlapse

Enlapse GBAtemp Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Is this only for Switch? (Maybe it is a stupid question, but I really don't know)
    If not, it is a great addition to be honest.

And a little bit of off-topic, the preorder dlc (if i'm not wrong too, maybe it's not called like that), the chest and the thing it includes, where are found?

4. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    its also for wiiu.
    the three chests (including the switch shirt) are part of the season pass but available immediately. the chests are found on the great plateau. you should look for a video on youtube if you cant find them yourself

5. osaka35

osaka35 Instrucional Designer

Nov 20, 2009
    United States
    Silent Hill
    so that means the game has already been tracking my movements for the past 200 hours? because if it starts tracking only when i download the dlc, that's fairly useless to me.

Quantumcat and Eddypikachu like this.
  6. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Lol. I hate that 'cut content' theory, which is utterly bullshit. The game in itself already contains a lot of content, and take tens and tens of hours to be 100%'d. And please explain me how $10 is 30% of $60, I don't get it.

7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they're dumb as rocks for me all you have to do is kneel and they can't get you! :P

8. Retroboy

Retroboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 28, 2015
    tonnes of content and takes tens and tens of hours.

ok, content like what, repetitive shrines and divine beasts (that dont even need to be done)........ side missions that have no meaning to the story and dont need to be done.

i guess your right about the hours tho, i mean look at the size of the map..... to just run aimlessly doing shrines after shrines, yup took me just over a week doing the same thing before thinking fuck this shit and defeated ganon - the end, no reward, just reverted back to your last save point.

i dont mind zelda games, its probably the only thing nintendo release that ive actually complete, but i wouldnt go as mad to give it the scores its got, its downfall is how god dam repetitive it is and that it has no story - this is proof that fans of something will still think highly of it regardless of how bad it is.

yes this is my opinion others may not like it but i am sure others will agree that this so called "open world" means jack shit when its rather dull to play

Eddypikachu likes this.
  9. StarTrekVoyager

StarTrekVoyager Soon™

Jun 19, 2016
    France
    Paris
    Big Brother is watching you :ohnoes: Link is spied by the KGB, the CIA, the NSA, the Mossad, the Illuminati, Hitler's ghost, and the Donald Trump Wall Fan Club.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

If you don't like open-worlds in general, it's normal that you won't like BOTW.

10. the_randomizer

the_randomizer The Temp's official fox whisperer

Apr 29, 2011
    United States
    Unknown
    Big Brother can drown in the depths of the sea for all I care ;O;

Open world games aren't for everyone, though, if he doesn't like Skyrim, he won't like BOTW.

11. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    What If he like morrowind?
    Seriously Though BOTW could use some enemy variations with The second dlc.
    That's a glitch and you know it. But What would more aggressive behavior be like?

Last edited by Yil, May 2, 2017
  12. Eddypikachu

Eddypikachu GBAtemp Fan

Mar 25, 2015
    United States
    I agree with Yil some monster enemy variations would be so great, tired of seeing reskins of the same common 3 enemies all over the world (bokoblins, moblin, lizalfos)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

They could add this lil dude from Link's awakening and then make you have to use magnesis to take off its mask before you are able to do damage to it. Or you can sneak up behind it from far away or drop down from the sky behind it to kill it with an arrow on his exposed backside, that sounds fun to me tbh
    IronMask.png

Quantumcat and DarthDub like this.
  13. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    they're all still stupid
    the bokoblins give up if you stand on something high enough
    the moblins are idiots and slow as fuck all you have to do is hide behind something and they give up
    the lizalfos actually put up a fight until you get up high than they just spit at you

14. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    Looks cool, mostly the phantom greaves, Spirit tracks was easily one of my favorite's zeldas.

15. HaloEliteLegend

HaloEliteLegend ~Apprentice Game Designer~

Oct 17, 2015
    United States
    Seattle, WA
    I believe that new map mode starts tracking your movements after you've bought the DLC, which is a darn'd shame for those who've already played a lot of BotW but haven't quite finished it yet. Anyways, I'm playing this on Wii U and planning on buying a Switch eventually. Once the second DLC pack comes out, perhaps I will re-buy BotW on Switch after all and do another playthrough on Hard Mode with all the DLC goodies.

16. Yil

Yil GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Feb 19, 2014
    Canada
    Group make all The difference, and I Have three 5 shot savage lynel bow.

17. tbb043

tbb043 Member

Jan 30, 2008
    United States
    I know what those words mean but that post makes no sense.

Anyway... Damnit, looks like I'm going to have to break my rules and buy some DLC eventually. Wish they'd at least include a tweak that makes things 10 to 50 times more durable. that would be a million times more useful than letting you play in weeaboo talk. What good is a inventory full of weapons if they break after an enemy or two? But no, gotta perpetuate the myth that "English voice is terrible" instead...

18. TheDarkGreninja

TheDarkGreninja How could you hate that face?

Aug 25, 2014
    On his bed
    The hell? It was a simple typing error.

19. McWhiters9511

McWhiters9511 That's Rad Bro

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Space
    I've seen a lot of people who weren't too excited about this but it's bringing back the hype for me.

20. ut2k4master

ut2k4master Lord Tourettes

Feb 20, 2010
    Germany
    its supposed to work retroactively