• Views 4,999
  • Replies 46

redact

‮҉
Trophies
XP
Country
Mauritania
i'm looking forward to picking this up when it's released, looks good (that said, i've never played the original or any ports of it)

off-topic:
Guild McCommunist said:
You have no idea how much I never said you didn't have it or were selling it. : You implied I was, and I quote, "butthurt because it's not on the NGP yet". I was clarifying that I'm not because I can play it on the PSP.
he was refering to the your ownership of a psp, not your future ownership of an ngp

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Guild McCommunist said:
I HAVE ALL RIGHTS TO CRITICIZE THE POOR RESKINNING OF A GREAT GAME THAT WAS GREAT IN PART BECAUSE OF ITS STYLE.
Gee, do I have to get out my card again?

Well that would be number 8:
number8.png

The problem we have is that you write your assumptions as facts.
I think most of us can agree that the remake doesn't look very good right now, but that doesn't mean that the final game will look like that, too.
That is why we use words like
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Mar 9 2011, 02:49 AM) If (...) most likely (...) probably (...) most likely (...) (most likely) (...) odds are (...) would be (...) They're either (...)

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
M[u said:
ddy]
The problem we have is that you write your assumptions as facts.
I think most of us can agree that the remake doesn't look very good right now, but that doesn't mean that the final game will look like that, too.
That is why we use words like
Guild McCommunist said:
If (...) most likely (...) probably (...) most likely (...) (most likely) (...) odds are (...) would be (...) They're either (...)

If I were writing my assumptions as facts I wouldn't be using that language. I clearly said it was speculation.

The facts are that...

A) The graphics of the new one are different from the original.
B) The screenshots are real and show any example of what the graphics are/will be.

Most of my stuff is based off opinion or logical assumptions.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of what I'm seeing from you is that the style will be bad, but you can't possibly know that from screenshots of an EARLY BETA.

What I see happening is Pixel will incorporate the style into the game without the pixelated graphics or give the game a whole new style of its own. From what I've seen from Pixel, they'll make it work.
You can't keep looking at Pixel like they can only do one thing. The style that Cave Story had came from them and I think they can make another great one too.

Besides, the game probably won't look like this in the end. Who knows, maybe we'll see cell-shading.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guild McCommunist said:
If I were writing my assumptions as facts I wouldn't be using that language. I clearly said it was speculation.

The facts are that...

B) The screenshots are real and show any example of what the graphics are/will be.

Bring a new style might make it more appealing, playing in two different styles could be fun.

Like how Mario upgrades.

So it no chance they will just make this totally different than these screen shots?

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Most of what I'm seeing from you is that the style will be bad, but you can't possibly know that from screenshots of an EARLY BETA.

What I see happening is Pixel will incorporate the style into the game without the pixelated graphics or give the game a whole new style of its own. From what I've seen from Pixel, they'll make it work.
You can't keep looking at Pixel like they can only do one thing. The style that Cave Story had came from them and I think they can make another great one too.

Besides, the game probably won't look like this in the end. Who knows, maybe we'll see cell-shading.

I just really doubt the graphics will change much from what they've released, if they were I'd think they'd be smart enough to wait until the official style is decided upon and then make the screenshots for it.

Personally I feel like Pixel is kinda selling out his classic but that's a completely different topic and something I shouldn't get too into.

I just feel any style that isn't the original will seem worse than the original. The only acceptable thing I'd probably take is the "super 2D" they're doing with like BlazBlue and Rayman Origins.

KingVamp said:
QUOTE(Guild McCommunist @ Mar 8 2011, 09:16 PM) If I were writing my assumptions as facts I wouldn't be using that language. I clearly said it was speculation.

The facts are that...

Bring a new style might make it more appealing, playing in two different styles could be fun.

Like how Mario upgrades.

So it no chance they will just make this totally different than these screen shots?

I don't feel there's any need to try to revamp or add a new style to a game that nailed what it was trying to style itself.

Mario was made in that style because that's how things looked back then. Cave Story was styled like that because it wanted to pay homage to older games and the whole 8-bit style. There's a difference.

Wintrale

Trophies
XP
Country
I actually quite like the new style... We need more 2.5D games and Cave Story has evolved beyond the simple homage it once was, so of course they had to redesign the aesthetics of the game - they couldn't very well sell a game for £40 when it looked no different to the free version still on the web. There's hardly any point in complaining when Pixel himself has pretty much done all the redesigning himself, too. The game obviously still fits within his vision, so isn't that enough?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.