XP
Country
CJL18 said:
heres some games i hear that are being watched right now

fable 2
gears of war 2
Banjo and kazioe duh because it is made by microsoft
call of duty 5

and some other ones so right now i wouldnt play these games at all offline or online.

What do you mean watched?

They are not watching anyone or anything. They are cracking down on people who are playing games way before the release date. You can clearly see this by the people in this topic saying they got banned.

and those games are now out so there is no need to watch them...

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
MS reserves the right to permanently ban any account and/or console at any time. They don't need a reason.

Signing into a modded console alone may get you banned. Even if you've never played a pirated or leaked game.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Haruhi said:
MS reserves the right to permanently ban any account and/or console at any time. They don't need a reason.

Signing into a modded console alone may get you banned. Even if you've never played a pirated or leaked game.

I doubt it.

QUOTE(matriculated @ Nov 16 2008, 02:56 PM) Anyone get banned with a hacked hard drive (no modchip, non-flashed dvd drive)?

I believe Microsoft cant see if you have used a different hard drive from theirs. I haven't heard any case's of peopel getting banned.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Prime said:
Haruhi said:

I doubt it.

QUOTE(matriculated @ Nov 16 2008, 02:56 PM) Anyone get banned with a hacked hard drive (no modchip, non-flashed dvd drive)?

I believe Microsoft cant see if you have used a different hard drive from theirs. I haven't heard any case's of peopel getting banned.

I doubt it too. The whole point of detachable HDD is to allow people to carry only the HDD and use it on friends' (family's, etc) console with ease. If they ban people for attaching the HDD into a modded console, "getting punished for crime you did not commit nor were aware of" case establishes and is subject to lawsuits.

As for hacked HDD, I don't think you should be banned. People modify regular controllers into fighting game (Soul Calibur kind) sticks, modifying HDD is the same, they can't ban one and not the other. That's not fair.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, when you hack a 360's 20gb HDD to a 120, you have to flash a key (hddss.bin) from a legit 120gb HDD. Most people who do that don't extract their own bin file, they download the one that has been circulating around the net for while. If Microsoft had a way to see the key on the HDD, then they could easily ban the thousands of people using that one key.

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shyn said:
Well, when you hack a 360's 20gb HDD to a 120, you have to flash a key (hddss.bin) from a legit 120gb HDD. Most people who do that don't extract their own bin file, they download the one that has been circulating around the net for while. If Microsoft had a way to see the key on the HDD, then they could easily ban the thousands of people using that one key.

They wont do such a thing. I think dvd drive flashing is more important to microsoft to crack down on.

Shyn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not saying that they did, or would. I'm just saying that its possible, and there may be a valid way for them to identify a large number of hacked HDD's.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
MS dont care about people using "hacked" HDD's in their consoles.

***All they care about banning is people playing pirate games.***

Jesus, its not that difficult a concept.

You flash your DVD firmware/Play copied games you get banned. You might be lucky & not get banned, if you do then congrats, posting in this thread saying "will I get banned???" is a pointless excersice.

If you get banned, tough shit for playing pirate games (and before eveybody PM's me nasty messages, I have flashed xbox, if I get banned, its tough shiot cos I played backups. I accept that)

Prime

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If anyone complains it is your fault. You should have known that there is a high risk of getting banned for flashing your drive. If you didn't know this then you didn't research very well.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Prime said:
If anyone complains it is your fault. You should have known that there is a high risk of getting banned for flashing your drive. If you didn't know this then you didn't research very well.
Quoted for truth...

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:

Yup, I agree. I knew the risks before hand and accepted them lol. Gonna give my banned box to my lil bro since all he does is play with his friends in the neighborhood. I got a replacement already lol but gonna wait a couple weeks before flashing this one.
ph34r.gif

lenselijer

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
in the meantime you should check all your games with abgx and xdvdmulleter to see if they are fully stealth and checked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1