Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
23r09ig.jpg

Brace for impact!

Part of me wants to believe that it was only the NXE leak that triggered this so-called ban wave. But another part of me, the logical one, tells me that that would be ridiculous.

EDIT:
Whoops, image was kinda big.

Double Edit:
Logged onto Live without an error. Signed out then signed back in. No error.

Anyone else want to give it a go?
smile.gif

neveras

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Phew, Just checked and I'm good. But I've been decently smart about, I check my rips and play review copies only on another non live profile.
The only game I've played before release date has been CoD 5 (And only when my friend managed to snag an actual release copy early from a silly Walmart.

WeaponXxX

Too F'in Blonde
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No ban yet for me either on my BenQ with 1.4,
However I have only a Silver account atm. I'm waiting to get time to get the Xbox Live Vision Gold pack for $59 at my local game store.
Anyway I only back up games I have using my own software and never waste time or bandwith downloading releases. Of course this has one perk of me knowing they are retail copies I am playing but the bad side is I am relying on the fact that new releases work with my current software.
GOW2 and COD5 seem to be the trigger games in people getting banned and I have neither yet.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Prime said:
Started banning consoles? They have never stopped banning to begin banning consoles.

I logged in fine

From what Ive been reading there hasnt been a mass banning wave for quite some time, yeah theres been individual bannings going on, but no wave of bans on mass for a long time!

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Salamantis said:
Works for now with BenQ @ 1.4.

I HOPE I don't get banned. That would be such a pain
frown.gif

Supposedly it's because of Seed4me releases... just sifted through this thread
http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=664175

I've disconnected my ethernet cable for now just in case.

Lol disconnecting your cable aint gonna help. If you've been flagged then you'll be banned whenever you decide to plug it in. I just finished playing a lil Saint's Row and everything was fine and dandy.

darkpaladinmfc

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm alive and kicking
happy.gif
, I have played the Seed4Me Fallout 3, but I didn't connect to XBL until after the game came out. I also played Gears of War 2 early but not connected to XBL, I didn't connect until it came out.

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Prime said:
Major Nelson confirms recent Xbox Live bans

I just checked and I'm fine today. I'm guessing it is only the people who were fools and decide to play leaked games early while connected to Xbox Live.

Lol I beat Gears 2 a week early while playing online. I also played Fallout 3, COD5, and Fable 2 early.....all online. So I think something else may have triggered the bans. No one really knows. Just glad the hammer didnt strike me
biggrin.gif
...........yet
unsure.gif

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyone thinking this ban wave could be started to clear out the fat (people with modded consoles) before the NXE, maybe to lessen the load a little bit on their servers?

I still haven't been banned yet (Hitachi, Ixtreme 1.4) so I'm good.... for now, no telling how long this wave will last.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Should I turn on the 360 to see if I am banned? I'm scared...

I haven't been playing any releases before the launch date tho.

EDIT: I'm being too paranoid am I?

Christen

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Salamantis said:

It really doesn't matter if you leave your 360 completely unplugged, you'll still get banned, no way around it. If they have your MAC address on record and flagged to be banned, its going to be banned, its beyond your control. I've personally been signing on Live every now and then just to see if I've been banned.

Salamantis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Christen said:
Salamantis said:

It really doesn't matter if you leave your 360 completely unplugged, you'll still get banned, no way around it. If they have your MAC address on record and flagged to be banned, its going to be banned, its beyond your control. I've personally been signing on Live every now and then just to see if I've been banned.
K I've just checked and I'm not banned. (hopefully I won't)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.