Not open for further replies.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NTR also has it but it's closed source.
BTW, NTR is not using ROP but CN exploit.
They're talking about MSET. So NTR does not have 8.1 access via MSET.

Also, NTR may be closed source but it's already been RE'd and is available to those in the know.

Once you have mset downgraded with Gateway, couldn't you just switch over to Rxtools with its dev mode and update that way? You should be able to run Rxtools from Mset (just install its ROP and proper files?). Or does it not yet support 8.1?
In addition to what @lemanuel said, you'd need to update in rxtools' "dev mode" which isn't yet working on new3DS.

Reactions: lemanuel

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They're talking about MSET. So NTR does not have 8.1 access via MSET.

Also, NTR may be closed source but it's already been RE'd and is available to those in the know.

In addition to what @lemanuel said, you'd need to update in rxtools' "dev mode" which isn't yet working on new3DS.
ntr boots on 8.1 and it doesn't touch mset *YET* I'm using it to make a ram dump for mset ;)

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ntr boots on 8.1 and it doesn't touch mset *YET* I'm using it to make a ram dump for mset ;)
Yeah, I was aware that it ran on 8.1 via cubic ninja.

Thanks for working on 8.1 MSET. It doesn't effect me, but many will benefit from being able launch CFWs from it.

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i like to work on things like this in my free time. BTW Zidapi I know you have a 2DS, Because of you I added a exploitable USA for exploiting, I didn't forget about you haha. when I finish my CFW and I release it, It'll be nice for the 2DS as well. I'll build more for people to add into their stuff for 2DS stuff.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Another stupid question, but what happens if you try manually install the web browser to 8.1? Does it work at all, and if it does, what stops that being used to access things like that new CFW boot method?

laramie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another stupid question, but what happens if you try manually install the web browser to 8.1? Does it work at all, and if it does, what stops that being used to access things like that new CFW boot method?
Already tried, the web browser opens then freezes the system. I've tried every single method ever made that I can access, nothing works until I get the proper offsets for mset. Trust me, @Ronhero and I tried everything, this wasn't a two hour testing thing, its been like a 4 month testing thing every day mind you.

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
Already tried, the web browser opens then freezes the system. I've tried every single method ever made that I can access, nothing works until I get the proper offsets for mset. Trust me, @Ronhero and I tried everything, this wasn't a two hour testing thing, its been like a 4 month testing thing every day mind you.
So what's the end goal, mset for rxtools devmode to upgrade to 9.2?

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
since themehax has cia version,can it support 8.1 to boot hbl?
And how would you install this .cia version?

i like to work on things like this in my free time. BTW Zidapi I know you have a 2DS, Because of you I added a exploitable USA for exploiting, I didn't forget about you haha. when I finish my CFW and I release it, It'll be nice for the 2DS as well. I'll build more for people to add into their stuff for 2DS stuff.
While I do have a 2DS (maybe 2?), my primary is a new3DS.

All of my 3DSes are Euro and on exploitable firmwares.

jmleolgq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
China
It's a 3dsx file, so homebrew. I've only got GW and OoT, so how can I run it?

as i know you may install cia with gw sysnand and set boot.3dsx @ tf root to see if it works while hold l turning on
i dont have an 8.1 console so i cant test

Last edited by jmleolgq,

Tokiopop

Caffeine fiend
Trophies
XP
Country
as i know you may install cia with gw sysnand and set boot.3dsx @ tf root to see if it works while hold l turning on
i dont have an 8.1 console so i cant test
I don't follow - but this won't work at all, will it? There's no payload for n3ds 8.1 on smea's github.

Edit: Doesn't seem to be a way to install themehax the intended way for us. Perhaps there's a manual way to install it? With GW or something

Last edited by Tokiopop,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I hate myself