Hardware New 3DSXL Katsukity's USB Port?

Hexsyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I already tried asking the company in which one question turned into 2 week responses of 20 different answers that has no relevance to what i was asking...Figured maybe someone knew here.

It is no speculation that Katsukity is infamous for supplying low grade micro usb ports, to trick the consumer of paying more than necessary for repeated repairs, but my question was for those that repaired themselves, what was the actual part of the type it uses?

Bohamad93

Trophies
XP
Country
Libya
If you have a n3ds with CFW.

I'd recommend to use NTR CFW with good PC setup.
- Good router
- With Cable for audio

Everything will be great.

here and here.

Last edited by Bohamad93,

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have a n3ds with CFW.

I'd recommend to use NTR CFW with good PC setup.
- Good router
- With Cable for audio

Everything will be great.
You literally said nothing to answer OP's post.

To the OP, sorry, I can't answer your question, most people here from what I've seen don't deal with capture cards.

Hexsyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i do use NTR to stream and it relatively is a nice alternative, i just dont like seeing a 300 dollar compoment go to waste and want to hope to salvage ....in which Katsukity charges another 100 for the repair that will not only takes 45 years to arrive but fail again.

I do appreciate the answers tho ^^

Reactions: Bohamad93

evo25.1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
i do use NTR to stream and it relatively is a nice alternative, i just dont like seeing a 300 dollar compoment go to waste and want to hope to salvage ....in which Katsukity charges another 100 for the repair that will not only takes 45 years to arrive but fail again.

I do appreciate the answers tho ^^
yet another Katsukity n3ds broken theirs been a few that i know of over on twitch i will see if they can give me any info for you, id say email loopy or contact him at his forums to see if he can replace the parts i know he has done a few in the past due to there shoddy work at katsukity but no idea if he stopped repairing them.

http://3dscapture.com/forum/ loopy's forums are here id say send him a message or something

Last edited by evo25.1,

Hexsyz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ehhh, Loopy would have been my primary choice if he already didnt say he rather not deal with their boards anymore and I understand his reason.
It's not really that the repair job is difficult, just finding the actual part it at least resembles to that's the problem
I've already desoldered and removed both the capture card and usb port (thankfully the N3DS Katsu Board isnt too much of a headache than their previous old models, but the amount of cold solder joints really made me question their IPC certifications x_x)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning