Hardware New 3ds xl wont turn on.

reminon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Replaced the mobo in a bricked new 3ds xl...before the mobo was replaced, the power led would light up blue and just not do anything else. Now however, it won't turn on...I can get the charge led to work, and the only signs of life it shows is when I plug it up...and put the battery in, after that I press power and the power led briefly and faintly blinks red for a fraction of a second as if its not gettokng enough power before going dark again. Many thanks for any help that anyone can provide.

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this sounds insulting, but did the mobo you put in actually work in the first place? And did you hook up all the cables? that happens sometimes with my 3ds, even when booting with only the battery hooked up.

reminon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry if this sounds insulting, but did the mobo you put in actually work in the first place? And did you hook up all the cables? that happens sometimes with my 3ds, even when booting with only the battery hooked up.
It did work beforehand, and I double checked the cables. Even putting the old mobo back in brings the same results

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, im willing to guess that one of your hardware ribbon cables might be missing a bit of the gold plating on them, causing the system to thing that the hardware isnt there, and do that. Does the speakers make a small pop sound on boot?

reminon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then, im willing to guess that one of your hardware ribbon cables might be missing a bit of the gold plating on them, causing the system to thing that the hardware isnt there, and do that. Does the speakers make a small pop sound on boot?
Nothing, only the quick flash of the power led, which is barely visible.

y0shim@ri0

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, then try this to see if its hardware: unhook it from everything, then put the battery on the contacts, and press the power button. if all goes well, youll see the blue led for a couple seconds, and then automatically shut off. if you need a photo, i can provide one
EDIT: Also, it wont shut off after a millisecond as you describe, itl be on for about 2-3 seconds

Last edited by y0shim@ri0,

reminon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
K, then try this to see if its hardware: unhook it from everything, then put the battery on the contacts, and press the power button. if all goes well, youll see the blue led for a couple seconds, and then automatically shut off. if you need a photo, i can provide one
EDIT: Also, it wont shut off after a millisecond as you describe, itl be on for about 2-3 seconds
The unhook in part I'll have to wait a little while on, as I'm heading to work, but I don't know how else to describe the quickness that it currently flashes the led. It's red, very dim, and flashes so quickly it's barely noticeable at first.

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you also replace the power supply board as well? Yes, I did get it fixed, I had to replace the power board and a blown fuse near the charging port.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1