Hardware New 3ds xl touchscreen issues.

Strongal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello! I've just changed my 3ds motherboard, everything is working as intended except for its touchscreen. It's not responding at all, I can't touch any icon in the home menu, and it wont work ingame either, but as you can see in the top screen, there's some weird feedback. This happens everytime I touch the screen:

https://gyazo.com/c368d3b427ecdd3b2f3e2cb46f1b4eaf

Would you recommend me to keep trying to unplug and plug the ribbon, to buy a replacement screen, or a new piece to connect the ribbon to? I can try and upload a photo of every piece.

More info:

A friend tried to modify his 3ds and ended up bricking it. I asked him to give it to me, since it was totally useless, bought a new motherboard (from a good seller) and tried to replace the old one with this one.

I had some troubles, since it was my 1st time doing it .At first the top screen wasnt displaying anything at all, unplugged every ribbon and plugged them back. Then, it was the bottom screen the one in black, with the upper one working. Finally I found the ribbon related to the bottom screen and fixed it.

Now I've found which one is the touchscreen one, tried to unplug and plug it several times but its still not working :/

Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited by Strongal,

konsolenumbau.expert

Trophies
Website
konsolenumbau.expert
XP
Country
Germany
Well if you haven't opened it the chances the ribbon cable is not very high... Did the Device drop?

A touch isn't that expensive.

Try it out. Have a look inside. If every thing seems normal you have to try a new one.

Greetz Seb

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Strongal

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well if you haven't opened it the chances the ribbon cable is not very high... Did the Device drop?

A touch isn't that expensive.

Try it out. Have a look inside. If every thing seems normal you have to try a new one.

Greetz Seb

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

Hello! Yeah, I've openned it several times, almost fully dissasembled it to see if I would be able to change the digitalizer, but first I wanted to make sure that was the real problem. The wire is a little bit bent, so I was guessing that was what I had to change. Thx for your help!

Has anybody else experienced something like this? ^^

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.