Hacking New 3DS XL on Sys 9.2.0-20U and Emu Rei 10.7.0-32U

phas

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put ReiNand on my new 3ds xl a while ago, downgraded to 9.2.0 and all that jazz, all I'm making this thread for is that I've been out of the loop for a while and I need to know where to go from here.

As in the title here's my shit:
New 3DS XL from mid-2015
SysNand: Ver. 9.2.0-20U
EmuNand: Rei. 10.7.0-32U

What should I do with it, and how?

Thanks in advance!

edit: also have a sky3ds card if that changes anything

nechigawara

Citizen of Gamindustri
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
As @chocoboss suggest, if you want to keep using ReiNAND, you can just update ReiNAND to lastest version, and you will be up-to-date.
Or, if you want to go a more update prevent proof..... You need to learn more about 3DS Hacking.

There is 4 things you need to know right now, of course, about 3DS hacking.
  1. 3DS exploit: This is a way allow to run somethings that normally can't run such as homebrew, etc. Example of 3DS exploit are menuhax, arm9loaderhax, fasthax, etc.
  2. 3DS CFW: This is what you want to allow your 3DS to add more function to FW, such as out of region cart load, pirating, ETC. This one need 3DS exploit to be able to run. Example of CFW is Luma3DS. ReiNAND, Corbenik.
  3. SysNAND: This is your System OS that run on the 3DS.
  4. EmuNAND: The clone of your SysNAND that store on SD card. This one is need to allow CFW to run without some exploit such as menuhax getting remove by Nintendo update
Your current setting is menuhax (an Exploit) + ReiNAND (CFW) + EmuNAND
The choices you have here are:
  1. Installing Arm9loaderhax (A9LH) Exploit with ReiNAND CFW. Can be done by following this guide: http://3ds.guide/ by replacing Luma3DS file with ReiNAND instead. This setting is mostly safe from removed by Nintendo.The problem is, this setting require user to hack into 3DS System files. So it has a small risk of brick. But, if you're understand and following every step of the guide I gave you correctly. Even though you bricked, it can still be fix by hardmod. This setting won't need EmuNAND anymore, but you can still keep using it.
  2. Keep menuhax Exploit and Updating ReiNAND CFW to the lastest version. Just replace old ReiNAND file with a new one and you're done. This one is more safer in installing state. But, drain SD card space for cloning SysNAND into EmuNAND, and has a chance getting remove if you update to next firmware when you accindently boot to SysNAND.

cero55

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to hijack this thread but i'm in a similar predicament. also have been out of the loop for a while and need some direction on where to go. last time i hacked the 3ds was using gateway and the cubic ninja exploit.the last thing i remember was playing my psychical cart of bravely default and the hack wouldn't load up anymore.

New 3ds xl
Current Ver. 9.0.0-20U

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry to hijack this thread but i'm in a similar predicament. also have been out of the loop for a while and need some direction on where to go. last time i hacked the 3ds was using gateway and the cubic ninja exploit.the last thing i remember was playing my psychical cart of bravely default and the hack wouldn't load up anymore.

New 3ds xl
Current Ver. 9.0.0-20U
Just follow 3ds.guide/get-started

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all