New 3DS XL - Fuse?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by leerz, Feb 25, 2016.

1. leerz
    OP

leerz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    How did you conclude that you have power?

2. toddhah

toddhah Member

Newcomer
    Jan 2, 2015
    I tested the battery on another working new 3ds

Last edited by toddhah, May 4, 2017
  3. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Not just the battery, test the other board too

4. BreVaun

BreVaun Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 1, 2017
    United States
    I had the same issue where I wasn't paying attention and did the battery backwards and I opened the flip tab that holds the ribbon cable and it popped off the main board when I was looking at the daughter board to check the fuses. When I tried to power my system on before nothing happened and after I did that I get the power on light for about 5 seconds and then it turns off. I wasn't able to attach the flip tab for the ribbon either and every attempt failed attaching it. I have ordered a new daughter board hoping that will solve the not powering up all the way issue but other than that I don't know what else to do. I was just trying to somewhat fix the c stick on it.

5. cosay

cosay Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Hi I got them same problem like that

i charged my N3ds xL with (ithink) a Busted charged then it heats up at the middle part at the back., and when Im buying a new charger it worn charge again.,

then technician at the Shop told my that he can check the unit for defects, then he analyzed that the Charging IC needa to be replaced, and aftwr replacing it using Hotair the unit's charge indicator (orange light ) turns om but now its charging too slow like 5-6Hours to get the battery from draing to half chagred., do i need to replace the power IC to at the. daughter board to fix this?

thank you in advance!

6. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    You need to replace both.

I've yet to see one with just the daughterboard ic being dead, 99% guaranteed that the one near the charging port is also dead. lest
    1. Daughter board ic is dead = no power
    2. Charge ic is dead and daughter board is good = power but will not charge

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also for other dudes with questions, just post them here.

No need to dm/pm me, more people should be able to see your problem and help solve it faster.

There are more abled members here to help you :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also I've no experience with itech technicians, specific to your concern, i highly recommend mr romer patini, his shop is in northmall monumento, open only monday to saturday 3pm onwards. He may not have the parts but he will tell yoi exactly what you need / purchase. Afaik daughterboard is already available in lazada/locally so you should get those.

7. cosay

cosay Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    Good day sorry if I pm you here im new in forums hehe sorry for that.

the technician only replaced the Charge IC ( the little black thing near the port, the part in the redbox in you reference pocture ) but he didnt change anything on my daughterboard. now my unit charges overnight to get 3 out of 4 battery bars, should i get a daughterboard from lazada and try it? and if that wont work ill go to mr. romer thanks sir!!

Attached Files:

Last edited by cosay, Sep 2, 2017
  8. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    It is weird that you have to charge overnight, that doesn't sound right, perhaps he used an incompatible ic?

The daughter board will not help,
    Please make sure he replaced it and didn't simply use a jumper.

9. cosay

cosay Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    The tech. replaced it, he got one from a mother board (he said that is was from a bricked unit). but i didnt check the code of the Part if it matches., becuase i dont know how. can you guide me how you check? i still keeps the old broken Charge iC ill check it later

10. cosay

cosay Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    My charge ic code was (CKP TI 48w Z85K) and he replaced it with a (CKP TI 48W Z85F) will that cause the problem?

11. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    They're perfectly matched, just weird.

12. cosay

cosay Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 27, 2016
    maybe I need to replace my DaughterBoard or the powerboard? but ill try a new battery first ill update you guys

13. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Daughterboard needs to be replaced IF you don't have power or the 3ds Won't turn on.
    But you can try it:)

14. Sirstiv

Sirstiv Member

Newcomer
    Aug 19, 2013
    My N3DS XL has it's blue light light up and stay on, it also chargers when plugged in.

But it won't turn on. (boot).

Screens stay off. I recently replaced the bottom screen caused from rage damage of a seller, it worked, then i changed the charge port, all soldered fine, and now it won't boot/turn on besides a blue light. Halp?

15. leerz
    OP

Jan 11, 2015
    Makati
    Did you short out the charge port?
    Isolate again and reseat your ffcs