Hacking New 3DS XL firmware in stores now?

yahoo

G͝B͢A͜t͞em҉p̡ R̨e͢g̷ul̨aŗ
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know what the firmware of the New 3DS XL models currently in stores in on? I see some Galaxy models and some black ones at local stores. Anyone buy one of these recently in a store? Hoping they are not on 11.4 yet.

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those Galaxy ones were made before 11.3 I think. If it's not the right firmware you can always return or exchange it.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
I don't like how the Galaxy looks, but what I mean is it the case that either model will be more likely to be on a lower firmware than the other?
I haven't heard any reports of 11.3 for either color (i think) and 11.3 is safe too anyway.

I'm not 100% sure there haven't been any 11.3 reports on the black one. Maybe someone could point to an example here for us.

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Damn, I wish that galaxy model wasn't exclusive to US :(
The grass is always greener on the other side until you walk up and look at it and realize it was a mirage. That greener grass you thought you saw was really a bargain cell phone case design found at 7-11s and malls in the 2000s :P

proflayton123

The Temp Loaf'
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Japan
The grass is always greener on the other side until you walk up and look at it and realize it was a mirage. That greener grass you thought you saw was really a bargain cell phone case design found at 7-11s and malls in the 2000s :P

Really want to add this to my sig but idk how you add quotes :((

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Damn, I wish that galaxy model wasn't exclusive to US :(
I got one - I imported it and then swapped the face plates with a blue console (the inside is identical). Also check out this: http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/391736090047
There's Chinese knock off housing sets now! I got a Majora's Mask one (not sure if it is the same seller or not) and they look identical to the real thing.
I hope they make a transparent one one day.

Reactions: elBenyo

yahoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't heard any reports of 11.3 for either color (i think) and 11.3 is safe too anyway.

I'm not 100% sure there haven't been any 11.3 reports on the black one. Maybe someone could point to an example here for us.
Just picked up a black one at target that is on 11.3.0. It's a new shipment because there weren't any available last week.

Is there anything that I cannot do being on 11.3?

Reactions: zoogie

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed B9S on a new Galaxy model a few days ago. It was 11.2.

Just picked up a black one at target that is on 11.3.0. It's a new shipment because there weren't any available last week.

Is there anything that I cannot do being on 11.3?
You can install B9S and CFW on 11.3 easily. Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/

Last edited by Lacius,
Reactions: zoogie

yahoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed B9S on a new Galaxy model a few days ago. It was 11.2.

You can install B9S and CFW on 11.3 easily. Follow this guide: https://3ds.guide/
Yup, I'm going to follow this guide and then backup my NAND.
I'm totally new to 3DS, but familiar with Wii/WiiU homebrew. Do I need to block updates and stay on 11.3 forever?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?