New 3DS update?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by SirECK, Jan 11, 2017.

Jan 11, 2017

New 3DS update? by SirECK at 5:56 AM (245 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. SirECK
    OP

Newcomer SirECK Advanced Member

Canada
    Funny thing just happened to me. Just got a notice on my 3DS about a system update and could not find anything about it in Nin's website. I couldn't access the eshop ether. I took a gamble and installed it and my version firmware number didn't change but now I can access the eShop again and it seems much quicker then normal. Is this because of what they did to their servers the other day and did anyone else experience this?

I am and have been running 11.2 for sometime now.
    ps it also said I didn't need to be connected to the internet to do the update. Strange.

Last edited by SirECK, Jan 11, 2017
  2. KunoichiZ

Member KunoichiZ GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    Did you accidentally delete a system title? The system update message appears when you do that, even on the latest firmware.

Your system had downloaded the update, so all it needed to do was install it.

zoogie likes this.
  3. zoogie

Member zoogie simple pimp tool

United States
    Put your system to sleep for a couple of minutes then go to FBI - > Pending Titles to see what it downloaded.

You can delete these pending titles with FBI afterwards without any ill effect.

edit: you've already installed the title(s), nevermind.

Last edited by zoogie, Jan 11, 2017
  4. SirECK
    OP

Newcomer SirECK Advanced Member

Canada
    Yes I did delete a system title, that stupid Nintendo zone app that they discontinued.