funnystory

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have both top and bottom screen IPS? I am curious because I can see the HUGE difference between the TN on my bottom screen and the IPS on my top,I feel like i was jipped a bit by nintendo. Looking forward for input guys,thank you!

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i think that all bottom screen's are TN in all consoles, and that the new XL has mostly IPS top but some have TN on top too, and that most of the N3ds (non xl) have tn on both and some IPS, personally i have ips top tn bottom on new 3ds xl and my gf's n3ds (non xl) has both tn

Dennis G

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You lucky b******, both my N3DS screens are TN
That really sucks because the colors look so much better on IPS, it's not just the viewing angle, the Tn have a lack of colordeepness not just black but all of them, and i don't get nintendo, they make this 3d that goes along with your face which involves viewing angle but then use shitty displays on some that don't have decent viewing angles >.<

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

PoLoMoTo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My top display on my N3DS XL is definitely IPS and I think the bottom is too I'm not sure though, if it is TN its a pretty good TN

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 2 regular N3DS' that are dual IPS gold... the only reason I have kept both is for backup and because of how hard it seems to be to actually get a damn IPS screen, and as a videophile, there is no way in hell I could play on a tn screen now. Thing is, my original 3DS is also dual IPS and I am curious if the O3DS was all IPS. After being on this O3DS all this time, I wouldn't stand for TN.

I also have a dual TN to use to check comparison of some of the things people stated with TN, such as with the black brightness... whenever I get around to playing around with those systems since I haven't done anything but turn them on to the language select screens.

EDIT:
So, what kind of screens do old 3DS-XLs have?
both tn

No wonder why I felt like something was wrong when playing a little on the 3DS XL I got...

Last edited by DChronos,

imsoul

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IPS* on bottom screen isn't really a benefit. IPS top is good for top because of the super stable 3d, but since the bottom screen is mainly used for menus/static images it isnt a huge deal, and you pretty much never tilt the console enough to see the TN color shift when actually playing

*meant ips woops

Last edited by imsoul,

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TN on bottom screen isn't really a benefit. IPS top is good for top because of the super stable 3d, but since the bottom screen is mainly used for menus/static images it isnt a huge deal, and you pretty much never tilt the console enough to see the TN color shift when actually playing

This is true,There is little reason to try go out of your way to get an IPS bottom screen (unless you play DS games that render the main game on the bottom screen for touch interaction, frequently)

DChronos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was obnoxiously obvious when I compared the TN vs IPS on the normal N3DS, tilting even a few degrees had the colors starting to fade lighter.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.