Homebrew New 3DS owner - late to the game... my 3DS has 11.3.......

D

Deleted User

I do remember hearing something about that.
So if have a stock 11.3 3DS without a NAND backup, your out of luck.
If you have an 11.3 3DS with a NAND backup, its "possible."
Right?

Sighax (presumably) modifies NAND directly, so a NAND dump is not required. To answer your previous question, Sighax can install CFW on any firmware, from now until Nintendo releases a new version of the 3DS with revised hardware to block the exploit. Of course, we need a way to run SafeSighaxInstaller in the first place, which would probably be done with DSiWareHaxx or an ARM9 exploit.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sighax (presumably) modifies NAND directly, so a NAND dump is not required. To answer your previous question, Sighax can install CFW on any firmware, from now until Nintendo releases a new version of the 3DS with revised hardware to block the exploit. Of course, we need a way to run SafeSighaxInstaller in the first place, which would probably be done with DSiWareHaxx or an ARM9 exploit.
The reason why I thought we couldn't install Sighax on 11.3 was because of a quote from the "What the heck is SigHax???" part of the SigHax discussion thread...

"So since there will be SigHax it is safe to Update past 11.X when Nintendo releases System Updates then?
No. if you haven't installed arm9loaderhax to your 3DS System do NOT UPDATE past 11.2"

D

Deleted User

The reason why I thought we couldn't install Sighax on 11.3 was because of a quote from the "What the heck is SigHax???" part of the SigHax discussion thread...

"So since there will be SigHax it is safe to Update past 11.X when Nintendo releases System Updates then?
No. if you haven't installed arm9loaderhax to your 3DS System do NOT UPDATE past 11.2"

I would assume that's only because it's easier to install Sighax with A9LH already installed. Updating to 11.3 without A9LH, and thus removing any possibility of easily obtaining ARM9 access, makes installing something that requires ARM9 a whole lot more difficult.

Reactions: Stephano

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did you buy it brand new?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Was it refurbished?

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would assume that's only because it's easier to install Sighax with A9LH already installed. Updating to 11.3 without A9LH, and thus removing any possibility of easily obtaining ARM9 access, makes installing something that requires ARM9 a whole lot more difficult.
Okay, I see where your coming from.

mike a

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look on amazon or ebay maybe someone is selling an already hacked 3ds! Keep looking I bet you find one sooner or later

D

Deleted User

@kittensauce (afaik) sighax will let us sign our own firmware so we can install it with hardmod. Safesighaxinstaller will just make it easier
But we can't use Sighax to sign or install anything without installing Sighax first; hence SafeSighaxInstaller. Sighax is an ARM9 payload, not a computer program.

Last edited by ,

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But we can't use Sighax to sign or install anything without installing Sighax first; hence SafeSighaxInstaller. Sighax is an ARM9 payload, not a computer program.
You are wrong on so many levels. SigHax won't sign anything, it'll skip the signature checking on boot to allow us to run unsigned code before the OTP is disabled, thus not needing to downgrade to 2.1 anymore to install CFW. SigHax is also not a payload it's an bootrom exploit, it's going to be installed directly to the NAND.

Also for people on 11.3, as I understand it you won't need A9LH to install SigHax. You will need either a hardmod or a second 3DS with CFW and DSiWareHax(not to downgrade) for NAND R/W access. Having A9LH will only make it easier to install.

For more information about SigHax go here... https://gbatemp.net/threads/sighax-updates-and-discussion-thread.454821/

Reactions: Ryccardo

CrispyCola

zero-two
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You are wrong on so many levels. SigHax won't sign anything, it'll skip the signature checking on boot to allow us to run unsigned code before the OTP is disabled, thus not needing to downgrade to 2.1 anymore to install CFW. SigHax is also not a payload it's an bootrom exploit, it's going to be installed directly to the NAND.

Also for people on 11.3, as I understand it you won't need A9LH to install SigHax. You will need either a hardmod or a second 3DS with CFW and DSiWareHax(not to downgrade) for NAND R/W access. Having A9LH will only make it easier to install.

For more information about SigHax go here... https://gbatemp.net/threads/sighax-updates-and-discussion-thread.454821/

This is what i was trying to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted User

It doesn't really skip the signature checking; instead, it "tricks" it into believing that everything is signed - despite that (of course) not being the case. As the thread you linked states, Sighax creates a signature that compares itself with itself (thus, all code has a "valid" signature).

By the way, I wouldn't say I was wrong on "so many" levels. Maybe one or two, but definitely not more that four.

Zidapi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
By the way, I wouldn't say I was wrong on "so many" levels. Maybe one or two, but definitely not more that four.
lol I guess it depends on how you define "so many levels", in my opinion four levels of wrong is a pretty dramatic failure to understand the topic at hand...

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
How to get CFW on 11.3 for dummies:

1) Sell 3DS on 11.3.
2) Purchase preowned 3DS on 11.2 and below.
3) Install A9LH.
4) Finish.

It's going to remain this way for a very, VERY long time. 11.3 is the 3DS equivalent of 3.55 on the PS3.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, if you think about it for a sec, you really don't have to wait for sighax. If they're buying another 3ds on a lower firmware, they can just mod it and system transfer to the modded one...

Reactions: Quantumcat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: it won't make it better or worse