lemon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the forums with no luck. I have a new 2015 3DS and when I press the power button, the light flashes blue for literally a second then goes off. It was working with no issues before.

It charges and I have disconnected all the cables and reconnected them and not joy.

I have done my research and found that the NDS lite used to have this issue and replacing a fuse fixed it but I have not been able to find anything on the forums about this.

Does anybody know where the fuses are on the new 3ds or offer any advise on how to fix it.

Thanks a lot

Dionicio3

goat
Trophies
Website
dionicio3.com
XP
Country
United States
Hello Everyone,

I have been searching the forums with no luck. I have a new 2015 3DS and when I press the power button, the light flashes blue for literally a second then goes off. It was working with no issues before.

It charges and I have disconnected all the cables and reconnected them and not joy.

I have done my research and found that the NDS lite used to have this issue and replacing a fuse fixed it but I have not been able to find anything on the forums about this.

Does anybody know where the fuses are on the new 3ds or offer any advise on how to fix it.

Thanks a lot
Did you install a9hl on it?

Havok10

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming the system is modded with A9LH/Luma:

1. Make sure you memory card is seated properly (or even installed).
2. Make sure arm9loaderhax.bin is in the root of the SD Card.

Last edited by Havok10,

gaseoso

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Sounds exactly like what happened with an O3DS I had. Turns one of the ribbon cables going up to the upper half of the console was damaged, so the console was turning on, checking if everything was working, but halted when it failed to detect something (I think it was the upper screen cable).

Have you tried opening the console and checking if everything is properly connected/undamaged?

lemon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for all your help, I bought it working second hand well over a year ago and they will not repair it as I dont have the receipt. Maybe I need to try find a 3rd party repair centre. Thanks for all your help. Normally I am quite good fixing things but this one has me stumped!

Reactions: SirKyogre

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks for all your help, I bought it working second hand well over a year ago and they will not repair it as I dont have the receipt. Maybe I need to try find a 3rd party repair centre. Thanks for all your help. Normally I am quite good fixing things but this one has me stumped!
Just buy a ribbon cable for the top screen/speakers. This thing happened to one 3ds xl i had. How the cable died is beyond me, it was always on the table, didn't leave the room, let along the house even once, and died. So 10$ for the cable, 1 hour of fiddling and now it works

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't just swap a ribbon on n3ds, anyhow, could be ribbon related, could be blown fuse. Not sure, they are so small I don't bother with them. Trying to replace fuse that is.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
what was the last thing you did with the system? that would help narrow down the actual issue, as with it being second hand it's possible it does actually have a9lh installed and you just didn't know, in which case if you swapped sd cards or deleted files off the sd card recently that might be why it no longer boots

Byokugen

Unit_01
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
what was the last thing you did with the system? that would help narrow down the actual issue, as with it being second hand it's possible it does actually have a9lh installed and you just didn't know, in which case if you swapped sd cards or deleted files off the sd card recently that might be why it no longer boots
He said, there was no cfw. Hey it happens, I just received ine for the repair. I know he had no cfw on it, he's a friend, and she was on a boat, working for 6 months, 3ds was at home, now same problems as OP. Build quality if you ask me

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
He said, there was no cfw. Hey it happens, I just received ine for the repair. I know he had no cfw on it, he's a friend, and she was on a boat, working for 6 months, 3ds was at home, now same problems as OP. Build quality if you ask me
he also bought it second hand, which is why it would be helpful to know what the last thing he did was, it is possible the previous owner did install a9lh and he simply didn't know

lemon1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I bought it second hand like a year ago. Now CFW on it just the official Nintendo one. When I received the device I wiped everything off it and started fresh. Last thing I did on the system was play smash bros.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hands free vr