Hardware New 3DS ends production globally

Will you mourn the death of the New 3ds?

• Burn it.

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Nooo!! Those face plates are sooo cute! Just ditch the 3D and give it a more confusing name!

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Something something I am a cat, don't understand. Something.

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Death? Pfft, they'll live forever on Ebay. It's my wallet that will perish instead.

Votes: 7 16.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
The regular-sized, faceplate changing one shown here.

new_discontinue.jpg

This is likely the case in the US as well given the introduction of the New 2DS XL and its same-ish price point -- and it was never an permanent SKU here anyway. No word on if Europe is on board with the New 3DS's execution by firing squad.
Update: Discontinued globally

Better scoop up those face-plates while they're hot.
Source
Source

Last edited by zoogie,

wsquan171

Trophies
XP
Country
China
I actually pretty like the swap-able face-plate design. Don't understand why they stop making it. Probably to push n2dsxl sales I guess?

Reactions: zoogie

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
I actually pretty like the swap-able face-plate design. Don't understand why they stop making it. Probably to push n2dsxl sales I guess?
I think the new 2ds XL is its permanent replacement worldwide. Having 4 SKU's on store shelves is a little ... much this late in the 3ds's life. 3 is still pushing it IMO.

Sales weren't very good either lately, it seems.

Reactions: wsquan171

KevinLSX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn. I wanted to get a brand new one. Guess used is my choice now since the prices on new ones will go up a bit.

MelonGx

Trophies
XP
Country
China
N3DSLL/XL, N2DS XL are still on.

I have several this model and hate LL/XLs.
But the market don't think so.

Patxinco

Riding a Shooting Star
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
No word on if Europe is on board with the New 3DS's execution by firing squad.​
Here in europe have been dissapeared since last year (even before black friday), only XL are being sold nowadays.

It's not strange to me this information.

Reactions: zoogie

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Aww I posted yesterday about it getting killed. And I got yelled at for it's only being in Japan. I kind of knew it was over the world if Japan ends it.

zoogie

OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks to whoever changed the title. :)

As for the rest of you ..... thanks for reading my thread -- hope it brightened your day :P

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is very stupid and actually pisses me off. It's the only model of the new 3ds that doesn't attract fingerprints

Even the matte top of the new 2ds is a fingerprint magnet

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The regular-sized, faceplate changing one shown here.

This is likely the case in the US as well given the introduction of the New 2DS XL and its same-ish price point -- and it was never an permanent SKU here anyway. No word on if Europe is on board with the New 3DS's execution by firing squad.
Update: Discontinued globally

Better scoop up those face-plates while they're hot.
Source
Source

That mean a lot! that mean Nintendo is preparing to make only xl portable console in near future( same size as 3ds xl)the small version isn't very much liked be the population , people prefer to have special edition and larger screen resolution ....i hope it mean a new 480p screen in future DS family console! 720p is already used on the switch! :O

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Fffffffffffuck.

I never got a faceplate for my n3DS, it's still using the stock black ones because I never saw any good ones in stores here. I wanted the hyrule crest one, but never found it in my country.

I guess it's now or never. But I really don't feel like paying scalpers for them, and all the good ones are hoarded by scalpers :(

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I went on ebay looking for faceplates and...
2cz7xg9.png

........Ffffffuck.
Over $300 Buy It Now?
Fuck them, it's rare because those scalpers hoarded them all. :angry:

Anyway, I ordered the hyrule crest/triforce faceplates. They were $25 which is still a lot for 2 thin, cheap pieces of plastic, but at least it had free shipping. :unsure:

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is actually the sturdiest and cleanest looking system out of the entire 3DS family, apart from the old 3DS XL but that has the flaw of being too large to be portable.

It's my favourite one; this is surprising to me since I thought Nintendo would try to milk it a little longer. Shame but oh well.

I'm starting to wonder if the late Iwata's replacement is a bit more conservative WRT where to spend resources: in favour of moving developments forward in order to actually have a shot at going against the top competitors in the gaming market, rather than keeping things as they are and continue to tailor to their content but singled out minority. All speculation of course, but Nintendo's been doing damn well as of late since they decided to middle finger the Wii U and its investors

resetes12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, I bought a New3DS second hand 2 months ago. It's sad, because I think it's the perfect size. I'm not about XL consoles or big phones, I prefer smaller ones.

Anyways, good I bought the MH4U faceplate weeks ago for 10 euros. They are probably going to be expensive in the near future. But faceplates now!

And, why not, I would buy a small nintendo switch if they make it. Way better than the actual one which I consider too big. Having XL and Small model should be standard, but hey, I'm not Nintendo.

Last edited by resetes12,

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
* gloss
* fingerprints
* slipperyness
* horrid colour choices at release with inaccurate names (eg. Metallic Black = grey)

I rejected the New 3DS XL models for the above. Even though I had a chance to compare their screens and preferred the more immersive larger screens on the XL models, I couldn't stand those gaudy colours and the gloss on the XL models. 3D was no better on the XL models, just more immersive. Sound was no better to my ears. Anyway, I can't stand gloss...so it was an easy choice for me: a plain New 3DS it would be.

The colour choices now are far better. I'll give them that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: where are my cute girls