New 3DS circle pad replacement help

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by _v3, Aug 5, 2015.

Aug 5, 2015
  1. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    The circle pad on my new 3DS broke (FFFFFFF-), and I was looking for a replacement. So I was wondering if anyone took apart the New 3DS and checked if the circle pad matched the one found in the 3DS/3DSXL/N3DSXL.

I was hoping I could get this Replacement Part on ebay and fix it myself

2. guitarheroknight

Member guitarheroknight 1.6180339887

Croatia
    Let me guess :lol::rofl2::gba:

[​IMG]

RosaliinaDaHacker64 likes this.
  3. 59672

Member 59672 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
  4. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    Yesh :P, now shoo...

But it wasn't the game's fault I was lying down and the console slipped so in an effort to not make it hit the ground I tried grabbing it. Needless to say I didn't grab it.

Yea I already checked this but from the pics you can't really tell if the circle pad is exactly the same.

Last edited by _v3, Aug 5, 2015
  5. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    Why are you ripping down the analog stick? Did dad not teach you to take care of your stuff?

6. d0k3

Member d0k3 3DS Homebrew Legend

Germany
    I can only tell you, good look getting a replacement. O3DS parts will most likely not fit. The situation is bad and Nintendo won't help. See my thread here. A broken circle pad is not as bad as a broken R button though, as only N3DS-only / N3DS-enhanced games are affected. I think you will make it until there are actually replacements available.

7. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    Did you even read my second post???

Unless you're gonna say something helpful, don't reply. FYI I do take care of my stuff, I still got my original ps2 and xbox which I bought with my own money back in 3rd grade, what happened here was an accident.

-------

So I'm basically fcked, crap. Imma give it a go with those replacement parts, will report back when the parts arrive and i attempt to fix / fix the device.

8. SmileCitrus

Member SmileCitrus GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The replacement you linked to in your first post should fit fine. The circle pad in the old 3DSXL and the N3DSXL are just about identical. They are totally interchangeable. I haven't looked inside the small N3DS, but below is the circle pad in an N3DSXL.
    [​IMG]

On the left is the circle pad for the N3DSXL. On the right is one taken from an old 3DSXL.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The circle pad for the small O3DS is a slightly different shape, but it could still be used. It just wouldn't look original.

Last edited by SmileCitrus, Aug 7, 2015
  9. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    OMG YOU'RE A LIFE SAVER. Thank you soooo much. I'd kiss you right now but this internet situation between us prevents me from doing so (jk no homo). Sincerely, thank you very much.

migles likes this.
  10. samurai_samus

Newcomer samurai_samus Newbie

United States
    Ammako likes this.
  11. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    I've been using the replacement analog for 3 months now and so far so good *knocks on wood*

12. Daniel Ramkissoon

Newcomer Daniel Ramkissoon Newbie

United States
  13. _v3
    OP

Member _v3 GBAtemp Fan

Croatia
    Yea it did, it was a bit hard to get it on, but with a nice oomph it fit there. Also keep in mind that even though it looks like a rubberized thumbstick, it isn't, it's fully plastic and it'll take some time to get used to because it slips a bit.