Hardware New 3DS button size: XL vs. Non-XL

Myria

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the ABXY buttons on a New 3DS LL/XL the same as on New 3DS? If they are, I'd love to get a broken New 3DS so that I could put the fully-colored buttons into my New 3DS XL. They're much better than the ones with the coloring on just the letters.

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't think they are the same size given this is from YouTube and review sites online but I can't confirm myself however if they are the same size these button replacements will show up on eBay eventually in which case I'd probably look into modding them too myself.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
I don't think they are the same size given this is from YouTube and review sites online but I can't confirm myself however if they are the same size these button replacements will show up on eBay eventually in which case I'd probably look into modding them too myself.

button replacements never really came for 3ds, only full replacement housing - at least from what i saw on ebay. i would expect n3ds to be the same.
not like psp where there was a huge variety of replacement housing, buttons, etc etc :) even dualshock 3 controllers, lots of buttons etc for them.

Reactions: Nemix77

Nemix77

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I stand corrected, good to know. I'm cool with the default buttons on the New 3DS XL however if I has choice I'd definitely go for the colorful buttons on the non XL standard model.

Derverd

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia

8:35

The abxy buttons are a little bit bigger on the xl.

You could always 3d print some or something which is what I plan on doing eventually.

Reactions: cearp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: