New: 1069 - Mother 1+2 (J)

Strag0

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I Seriously doubt anyone would pick up this game to translate. Seeing as it's supposedly due out in the states. However i'm sure Tomato would love to translate it if someone got him the script. Who knows maybe someone would pick it up to work on, but i highly doubt it.

X-Gamer

GBATemp RPG Master
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway these remakes must have s.m.th new don't you think?
I don't think so. From what I've seen in the screenshots of the GBA game, it doesn't look like they added anything new in here. I guess it's just so that young players get a chance to play these great classics in case they missed it on the NES or SNES. I enjoyed Earthbound greatly and I'll be waiting for the english version as well.
I wonder if they'll rename the first Mother to Earthbound Zero like the translators did to the NES rom when it'll come to the USA?

Peer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Man, I need something bigger than my 64m cart soooo bad
frown.gif

moogle87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played mother 2, i thought it sucked, then i got bored and decided to finish it. I learned to love it's mr. saturn craziness.
and i think poo is the greatest name ever.

takumi86

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually, Nintendo has never officially announced that this would be released in North America, and they did not even have anything about it at E3. The only info that Nintendo officially released was in Nintendo Power Stating it was coming out in Japan. In, fact there is a call in thing in the Earthbound community to raise NOA's awareness about this games popularity and release it in America. I think it is at http://www.starmen.net I am not sure though. So, for all those people that want this to be released in America should call NoA and tell them how you feel.

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
i've never played the nes or snes versions of mother 1 & 2 and i don't much fancy playing this one in jap. I'm in no hurry, if it gets released in english i'll play it.

Maccas

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
There was never any translation group for the original. A prototype cartridge was won by some guy in a competition, he sold it to some rom-dumpers for $400 hence we have the official nintendo translation of the game.

M

mario5555

There was never any translation group for the original. A prototype cartridge was won by some guy in a competition, he sold it to some rom-dumpers for $400 hence we have the official nintendo translation of the game.
That's 90% truthful anyway
wink.gif
If anyone wants to know the whole truth go to Neo Demiforce's homepage and look (as I did to be 100% sure before I posted this) I'm sure if you're interested you can go to a search engine and type Neo Demiforce in as he has roms there and I don't want to violate the rules around here.

Anyway like I said D/L the archive and read Demi's nfo file for a complete description of what went down, if your interested (pretty neat story btw.)

I have a passing interest in the game (never played too much of Zero or One personally didn't intrerest me much) but anyway that's not why I posted, just trying to uncover the truth.
smile.gif
Later.

Edit There is 2 versions of the rom available which I think confuses everybody the original non-hacked (proto) and the hacked (to make it work on emu) proto, like I suggested go to Neo Demiforce for details.

Mega_Mizzle_X

Music and Me...
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Cool Mother 1 and 2
I used to play Earthbound on SNES and i loved it and i highly recommend it
Wasting boxes with baseball bats, frying pats etc just seems to satisfying
wink.gif

Erkson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hm, I've read the readme.txt that came with Earthbound 0 for NES and it said the prototype was almost translated into English!

And I preffer the name Mother instead of Earthbound, because this game is somewhat similar to Bobby's World :wtf:, and the character needs to call up his mom during the game!

Avalyn

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
it's been on my hd in my snes collection for years, haven't played it! but I am going to portugal for a week and i might put earthbound zero (mother 1) on my cart... pocketnes of course
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, no sabría cómo decirte