New: 1034 - Wing Commander Prophecy

Squiffy

GBATemp's Little Embarrassment
Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
Sweeeeeeeeet!!! I have been waiting for this for about 4 months (give or take about 4 months).
I have faith in the game though.
I will enjoy it!
Even if I don't, I'll force myself to!

ronin_in_tears

.:|pr0n$t4r|:.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's not that bad, but it sure ain't worth my precious time, that i spend on wind walker at the moment.

Do yourself a favour, go download the PD version of Elite instead. Now that is what i call a conversion.

HeinzHarald

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its great. You just need to get used to the controls. As for graphics they are nice, although you often dont see much since the ships try to keep a distance from you. I just wish they wouldve included the simulator for flight practice.

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
err, did anyone else get a "grainy" dialogue box using an emu? or maybe it's this rom i got. i need to know if i have to replace this or it will just be hopeless, and just buy a copy instead.
tongue.gif

root02

[email protected], GroG Minion, and 2nd Biggest Gee
Trophies
Website
www.geocities.com
XP
Country
United States
Well, the only part I really found disappointing was the music. Everything else was pretty much what I had expected.

Is the grainy dialog box during the flight sequences? If so, then it's supposed to be like that.

Hmmm... There's a conversion of Elite out? I'll have to get that, seeing how I'm hooked on Freelancer...

[[email protected]]# logoff

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
smile.gif
I love this game! From reading the reivews i thought it would be horrible, but i find that i love it!! It's bit hard at first but i suppose i have to get used to the controls. Man this game is going on my flash cart for a long time. The only thing slightly dissapointing is the music and sound, the rest is great! I think this has to be the best looking gba game, have you seen the cutscenes?? I'd love to write more but i have to go off and play this game more
biggrin.gif

*EDIT*
I've patched the EEPROM and trimmed it and all that and put it on my flash card. The thing is it only works if i hold L then press A and start it that way. Then when a acidently just Pressed A to start it and then went to do it the other way my save was gone! It wouldn't let me load it, it was working fine before. the save is still in the save banks but it wont show up in the game. So i've started over. Does anyone else have this problem? Should i just keep on playing it and make sure i don't acidently start it with just the A button?

LuXo

Trophies
XP
Country
I really like it a lot. Usually i dont like space games but i like this one.

root02 is right the worst thing is the music....... who can read all of that text with the music on??? man it really make you go crazy
rolleyes.gif

If you try this game on an emulator better try the real Wing Commander PC, but this game on hardware is really good (thats my impression).

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia

KiVan

Hooray! Member n# 1!!!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy
Despite many bad comments i think that the engine of this game is VERY GOOD... and i expect so much from other games using blueroses!
The gameplay is sweet too if you like first person space games.

I like it
smile.gif

stivsama

GBA-Tenchan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm just happy that the blue roses engine itself is compatible with VBA, you know?
laugh.gif

Although i think teh engine was used sparingly and this game is like a "taste" of blue roses.
It could only get better, ne? B)

Squiffy

Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
It looks like the opinion of this game is split right down the middle!
As for me? I like the game a lot, although as people have pointed out the music is very bad (is it just me or is the music a 3 second clip looped?).

It's good that you don't get a game over when you fail a mission, just when you die or if you let the main ship get destroyed.

(p.s. What are the orange coloured targets? Are they the ships you have to protect?)

SimoxTa

Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Italy

Squiffy

Trophies
Website
pyon.co.uk
XP
Country
This game is really cool! I just got 10 kills in a mission which really surprised me!
Try this tactic:
When you are mid-range to the enemy use lasers, and when you get closer use the Mass D. (Mass Driver?)
And use your missiles when you're getting owned by the enemy.
Remember to use the start menu to call your wingmen to your aid, they really do help in a sticky situation.

Me likes this game. Me likes this game a lot!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning