Homebrew Never use the gamepad

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi,
I want to play the wii U without the gamepad. In fact, I would like the gamepad does not turn on when I start the console. Is it possible in a way ?
Thanks

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some options:
  • Unsync the gamepad from the Wii U.
  • Let the battery in the gamepad die so it doesn't come on when the Wii U turns on.
  • Move the gamepad out of range of the Wii U so it doesn't turn on when the Wii U turns on.
  • Stick the Wii U in a microwave when you turn the Wii U on.
  • Remove or disconnect the gamepad battery.

Last edited by Lacius,

Cortexfou

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Sanic, I only play games with the pro controller. I use the gamepad when there is no other way and I avoid those games.

Lacius, I thought the console do not go to the home menu if the gamepad is not detected. I think that I tried and it did not work but my memory is just garbadge I guess. I will let the battery die then. thank you :)
And I read the fist time : "put the gamepad in the microwave and turn this one on". It ll work too x)

Last edited by Cortexfou,

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sanic, I only play games with the pro controller. I use the gamepad when there is no other way and I avoid those games.

Lacius, I thought the console do not go to the home menu if the gamepad is not detected. I think that I tried and it did not work but my memory is just garbadge I guess. I will let the battery die then. thank you :)
The Wii U boots just fine without a charged gamepad in range. Also, it is very easy to remove the battery from the Wii U gamepad.

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have Linux you could try emulating a gamepad instead. In fact, you could use your pro controller connected to the computer that would send inputs to the Wii u. You could even play off of the monitor if you don't mind a 480p stream.

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
You can use a ScrewDiver to take out cover and could Connect and Disconnect the Battery always you want to.

trunske

Trophies
XP
Country
The battery has actual wires between the cell+regulator and the connector, prime place to add a... switch :)
But you still can connect and disconnect.
I just Plug the Battery to turn on, and later disconnect. My Wii U game still working without Battery if it's plugged to the wall.
The only problem it's that always you want turn on the GamePad you will need connect the battery

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another half working solution is to use Padcon homebrew.
it's not a full gamepad OFF solution, but it will use less power as it completely shutdown the display. the touchscreen is still working for games which need it, and it's easy to switch the pad's display ON/OFF (Press R3).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple