MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Netflix might have just updated the streaming protocol functions within the app for better optimization. All under-the-hood type stuff, usually transparent to the user.

Can0dope

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried this on my mom's wii , and it says I have to do a system update... And from my understanding, I can't do that without risk of screwing up the homebrew /bricking the wii .

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I updated and everything still works fine. I had the latest shop (obviously) as well as 4.3u, as far as I can tell nothing else other than Netflix was touched.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have this update in WAD format?

I have done a transfer to WiiU and can no longer access the shop channel on my Wii (because it will activate the DRM on the stuff I restored after I transferred)

Reactions: bezem

andymensah

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm in UK, receiving US Netflix through my Wii. Does anyone know why I keep getting prompted to update the Netflix app everytime I open it - (I can "Skip" and ignore the prompt and carry on using Netflix) but if I agree to upgrade, I am taken to the shopping channel where there is no option to update/install(?) Netflix channel displays there in my shopping channel as if it is already installed - whereas some of the other apps there have actually shown an "update" icon next to their titles, and they can be installed fine, but there's no option to update the Netflix, yet I keep getting prompted to update it at startup. I tried uninstalling (completely disconnecting app then removing the channel) and reinstalling Netflix, but the prompt to update it returned the very first time I opened it.

Anyone know how I can successfully update it? Grateful for any help, cheers.

bezem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm in UK, receiving US Netflix through my Wii. Does anyone know why I keep getting prompted to update the Netflix app everytime I open it - (I can "Skip" and ignore the prompt and carry on using Netflix) but if I agree to upgrade, I am taken to the shopping channel where there is no option to update/install(?) Netflix channel displays there in my shopping channel as if it is already installed - whereas some of the other apps there have actually shown an "update" icon next to their titles, and they can be installed fine, but there's no option to update the Netflix, yet I keep getting prompted to update it at startup. I tried uninstalling (completely disconnecting app then removing the channel) and reinstalling Netflix, but the prompt to update it returned the very first time I opened it.

Anyone know how I can successfully update it? Grateful for any help, cheers.
There is a new version that was released recently; it sounds like you are on V1538 and the latest version is V1539. I have a WAD of V1538 but would love on for V1539, as I am a Wii U user. I click upgrade, it takes me to the shop and the Netflix entry, but when I click to download it errors out because the Shop Channel knows I'm using the Wii U.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb