DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My wife has a wii in the bedroom setup As a Netflix box. I would like to autoboot the wii to Netflix but have not found a forwarder. Does anyone have a forwarder?

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
cwstjdenobs said:
What's the title ID?
The netflix channel id is HCLE.

bootnetflix does not work. Loading from priiloader load, loads the system menu. Installing bootnetflix into priiloader an autobooting the installed file gives black screen.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
mauifrog said:
cwstjdenobs said:
What's the title ID?
The netflix channel id is HCLE.

bootnetflix does not work. Loading from priiloader load, loads the system menu. Installing bootnetflix into priiloader an autobooting the installed file gives black screen.
I've been down this road before, and all it led to was frustration. I don't know what it is about Netflix, but it is the only channel I can't get to load from an installed dol. I even tried autobooting WiiXplorer (which did work), then launching Netflix from there, and it would just reset the Wii.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mauifrog said:

Ah, ok. All I'd have done was WII_LaunchTitle(0x0000000048434c45) which is what I guess that app does. And TBH there's no point me getting the NetFlix channel to try and work out anything more.

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
If the code was based on bootopera then the arg stuff needs removed or changed as it sometimes causes problems.

WII_LaunchTitle(0x0000000048434c45) is a bit wrong it should not have 0x00000000, maybe it would be WII_LaunchTitle(0x0001000248434c45LL) . Of course I'm just guessing as I don't have NetFlix either (I'm in UK) however I've made lots of dols in the past, and again recently for someone that load channels and they always work, unless I leave a trademark typo
tongue.gif

This would work with any channel.

As for Priiloader not booting it's maybe an entry point issue in the code that's been used, so best to use one that's known to work in Priiloader.

You can narrow some things down even if you can't code, if the channel launches and works, does it load from any homebrew that can load channels ? EG...... GX, WiiFlow etc ? If it doesn't then the WII_LaunchTitle wont work out-of-the-box afaik these loaders use that function too. Even though I wont ever have NetFlix, I'm curious.

NetFlix is a channel, and not a disc ?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you make a forwarder out of a dump of a disk? i made a channel using crap3.3, cause i backed the disk up to my hdd.(2yr olds love those shiny objects)
evil.gif

all the info for pointing an launching,is in the channel. could that be remade to work as a forwarder, to be used in priiloader?

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Try this dol: http://www.mediafire.com/?0n1q0m2d6rb9ppo

I tested it on priiloader using a different channel (I dont have netflix) and it worked fine, so I assume it would work for netflix as well.
Source is included in the download. It is just this with #include commented out, and the channel ID changed (to 48434c45).

EDIT: Just tried with Netfix, it works fine

Reactions: laurorual

mauifrog

DA KINE WiiHacker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
person66 said:
Try this dol: http://www.mediafire.com/?0n1q0m2d6rb9ppo

I tested it on priiloader using a different channel (I dont have netflix) and it worked fine, so I assume it would work for netflix as well.
Source is included in the download. It is just this with #include commented out, and the channel ID changed (to 48434c45).

EDIT: Just tried with Netfix, it works fine
Thank you, I will try it tonight when I get home.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
In case person66's response doesn't work...I was just using postloader to quickly change which program to auto-boot when I thought of this thread.

For those who don't know: postloader is a project to launch homebrew (kinda like the HBC). It's still in beta, but it can already be used to run it through priiloader and it has the ability to set any homebrew to auto-launch upon starting the wii. And...

*slaps himself in the head*

Sorry. My bad. I thought this would help, but it doesn't support channels yet. Perhaps it'll work in the future, but certainly not now. Forget I said this.
blush.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: