Gaming Netflix on 3DS

Jarathaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anybody tried streaming from netflix on the 3ds yet? I just subscribed to it, but don't own a 3ds yet. I was wondering how it handles the video? Is it any good? Is it worth upgrading from my dsixl?

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you ONLY want it for netflix dont, but its a good system with great games coming out at the end of the year and all next year.
EDIT: Also the streaming is pretty good its just got loading times a bit too long for my taste but the streaming is worth it, if they could use a better filter for it, it could give the wii streaming a run for its money.

Painguy

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
its kinda slow on the 3DS. Takes about 1-2min for the app too load, and when it starts not everything is still loaded. From that point on its pretty slow. Once u get a video it works perfectly tho.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Painguy said:
its kinda slow on the 3DS. Takes about 1-2min for the app too load, and when it starts not everything is still loaded. From that point on its pretty slow. Once u get a video it works perfectly tho.
Its like that on pretty much every Netflix device, except the PC. Its like that for me too on my Wii, PS3, iPod Touch. Android I think is the fastest out of those 3.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jakob95 said:
Painguy said:
Its like that on pretty much every Netflix device, except the PC. Its like that for me too on my Wii, PS3, iPod Touch. Android I think is the fastest out of those 3.

+1 to that. Seems about the same as on my Wii and BluRay player, load wise.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've enjoyed it. It's a little slow, especially when compared to the PC, but it works just fine and the videos are clear and such.

L&O: SVU on the go is just too much for me to handle

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mysticwaterfall said:
Jakob95 said:
Painguy said:

+1 to that. Seems about the same as on my Wii and BluRay player, load wise.
I think my Wii and PS3 and Wii are faster, but not by too much. It's a noticeable difference by not enough to make it a con.

Arnold Schwarzen

Trophies
Website
gov.ca.gov
XP
Country
United States
Videos look pretty good on it for the most part and I find the video loading times to be pretty quick for my rather slow cable connection. Since you are going from an XL, you may be disappoint at the smaller screen.

Vinnymac

Trophies
Website
nds-roms.com
XP
Country
United States
For a handheld gaming device it isn't bad. But if I had to compare it to wired devices it is quite terrible.

Then again, on my iPhone 4, netflix is also better. So I am not sure if the slow streaming is only on the 3DS. It works great, but compared to the iPhone 4 it isn't very good. I suggest getting a 3DS for games. Watch netflix on a PC or other device. Netflix is a great service, personally it is BEST on Xbox 360 for me. I have NO complaints when it comes to a wired connection with features like Partys, allowing me and a few buds to watch and discuss anything on netflix in HD.

Jarathaxe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:
Videos look pretty good on it for the most part and I find the video loading times to be pretty quick for my rather slow cable connection. Since you are going from an XL, you may be disappoint at the smaller screen.

Yeah, the smaller screen size is one of the big things that's keeping me from upgrading yet.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jarathaxe said:
Arnold Schwarzenegger said:

Yeah, the smaller screen size is one of the big things that's keeping me from upgrading yet.
That's why I kept my XL and got the 3DS, too.

Polostick

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HeyItzRayy said:
well Its pretty good. I watched Last Airbender on it.

So many things wrong with that movie, but the loading times is pretty bad, there are better options. I say that if you already have a netflix account, go for it, otherwise, cancel after your free 30 days are up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple