Gaming NES VC Games. The A B Y X Layout Button problem

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
ManFranceGermany said:
Edit: I called Big N. and they said some of the Titels will get 3D classics!!! and they will put an options to rearrange the buttons.
OH GOOD LORD.
Imagine. 3D classics SMB.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Gnargle said:
OH GOOD LORD.
HAHAHA I lol'd so hard while reading this, if nintendo want to replace the current VC games with 3d classics I'll never update my 3ds again.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIX94 said:
Gnargle said:
OH GOOD LORD.
HAHAHA I lol'd so hard while reading this, if nintendo want to replace the current VC games with 3d classics I'll never update my 3ds again.

Well, I would hope you could just turn off the 3D with the slider. right???
unsure.gif

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
>Complaining about optional things
>2011

Screw it. Seriously? You might as well be complaining about the 3DS having an L trigger because you don't like using L triggers. Whether it's 3D or whatever you people like to complain about nowadays...

Don't. Fucking. Use. It.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Midna said:
>Complaining about optional things
>2011

Screw it. Seriously? You might as well be complaining about the 3DS having an L trigger because you don't like using L triggers. Whether it's 3D or whatever you people like to complain about nowadays...

Don't. Fucking. Use. It.

This.
I don't even understand why Excitebike 3D keeps getting hated on. Wouldn't you rather have a free (for most of us) and updated NES game with increased resolution and a 3D option rather than the original which you can fork out a fortune for on ebay and has nothing special? (Personally, the original version's low resolution makes me feel a bit claustrophobic now.)
Anyway, this is off-topic. Please excuse my ranting.

dragonkid6

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It sounds like anyone complaining about how comfortably Y+B must not have played ANY DS games because it would hurt or be too hard to play. Did you people really skip over the last 3 generation of Ninty handhelds? I don't understand how you can complain about how the "controls don't fit the game" of a 26 year old game on a brand new system. Do we really need to point out how many systems have come out in between?

I got it, how about you go get an NES and play SMB on it and then enjoy your Y+B on....oh wait there never was a Y+B layout on the NES...huh...

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, dragonkid6, Let me explain this very simple like..... In the past , The A and B buttons on a 2 button system did not have such a steep angle , thus allowing you to play the game similar to that of the original NES controller which me and many others have become accustomed to. When the SNES came out we were given 4 action buttons on the main face of the controller. The controls then changed to the Y and B for better comfort and was instantly adapted by the player. On the DS those same buttons are used for shoot and jump as well. I have played Mega Man since the late 80's and i can tell you the present A,B config will make very unenjoyable. The Sega lost to me due to this.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ferret7463 said:
Ok, dragonkid6, Let me explain this very simple like..... In the past , The A and B buttons on a 2 button system did not have such a steep angle , thus allowing you to play the game similar to that of the original NES controller which me and many others have become accustomed to. When the SNES came out we were given 4 action buttons on the main face of the controller. The controls then changed to the Y and B for better comfort and was instantly adapted by the player. On the DS those same buttons are used for shoot and jump as well. I have played Mega Man since the late 80's and i can tell you the present A,B config will make very unenjoyable. The Sega lost to me due to this.
Not only on the DS but on many more systems like all Playstations, PSP, Xbox and basically all systems with the four face buttons.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Just get the entire library it's like 4gb