Rinnegatamante

OP
Trophies
Website
rinnegatamante.it
XP
Country
Italy
Hi everyone, i'm coding a DuckHunt clone for 3DS but i hadn't found on web a TTF version of default NES font (i only found a FON version but when i try to convert it to TTF with different Font converters i get a damaged font). Has someone a TTF version of it?

For default font i say the one used in every NES game for Game Type selection:
duck-hunt-5.png

titegtnodI

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's probably relatively trivial for you to make your own. I don't know of a ttf one, to make a bitmap one would probably take less than 30mins though.

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can also open any of the launch title NES games with a basic rom graphic editor, such as YY-CHR, Tile Molester, Tile Layer Pro, etc., and copy the game font that way. Create your own font from it :) Remember all spacing is generic 8x8 tiles, as a majority of NES games didn't use a variable width font.

Myria

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that the NES didn't have a "default font": there just was a font that a bunch of English-language NES games happened to use (likewise Japanese Famicom games). The fonts always came from the games themselves. If I recall correctly, the first Nintendo system that had fonts inside the system itself was the GameCube--this was for Japanese, though. I know for sure, though, that the PlayStation 1 had a Japanese font in its BIOS for games to use to avoid using precious memory to store them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.