Dr.Killa

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the DS can run a lot of neogeo games perfectly, but the wii cannot even load neogeo roms over 25 mb?

i think the neods devs should make the emulator for the wii

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DS and the Wii are completely 2 different systems. Porting is not as easy as it sounds. It takes several hours of hard working(I'm not saying 3-5 hrs, I actually mean 50hrs+ depending the skill, number of ppl, and the target console), remember people are doing these stuff for free and are being developed on the spare time of people. They both have different types of CPUs and GPUs so making a port would be pretty hard.

Think of it like this: Trying to run an apple Mac program on a windows Desktop PC... different methods and languages are used which the windows Desktop can't recognise. The point is, it's a lot of work to port anything and you want them to port a whole emulator to Wii..

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jakob95 said:
The DS and the Wii are completely 2 different systems. Porting is not as easy as it sounds. It takes several hours of hard working(I'm not saying 3-5 hrs, I actually mean 50hrs+ depending the skill, number of ppl, and the target console), remember people are doing these stuff for free and are being developed on the spare time of people. They both have different types of CPUs and GPUs so making a port would be pretty hard.

Think of it like this: Trying to run an apple Mac program on a windows Desktop PC... different methods and languages are used which the windows Desktop can't recognise. The point is, it's a lot of work to port anything and you want them to port a whole emulator to Wii..

I highly doubt it'd take more than 50 hours of work. It may take a great deal of work depending on how the DS one was coded, but not a huge deal of work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended