NeoGAF might get shut down.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bVk1dGH.png

The video gaming forum Neogaf has been offline for more than 24hrs with current rumors spreading. Those rumors consist of allegations of sexual assault were put up against the owner of the site, Tyler Malka, who goes by the online name “Evilore”.

The Neogaf forums starting back in 2006 and has been the go-to forums for video game discussions ever since then. At this time Neogaf is reportedly preparing a statement about the controversy but it the future of the site at this time is still unkown.

:arrow:Source

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Yeah so i heard about this last night. I personally never used NeoGaf but i heard nothing but good things about that forum. I now that it usually got all the gaming leaks and rumors first and that sometimes those would come out to be legit news.

If the forum does go down then i dont see all that traffic of people going to Reddit. I heard that all the Admins of the site left in order to distance themselves from the owner.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Good-bye and good riddance to NeoGAF. It's entire userbase were elitist people that banned others for merely not sharing the same opinions as them. Malka's actions are utterly disgusting, as well. The only interesting things that the site offered were their "OT" threads, which, while useful, are not integral to anyone.

BurningDesire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good-bye and good riddance to NeoGAF. It's entire userbase were elitist people that banned others for merely not sharing the same opinions as them. Malka's actions are utterly disgusting, as well. The only interesting things that the site offered were their "OT" threads, which, while useful, are not integral to anyone.
if i could like more than once I would.

Reactions: Chary

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It was the best place for gaming news, by far. NeoGAF was actually well moderated, in 10 years as a lurker and 4 years as a member, i never seen an unjustified ban on that site. People shit on NeoGAF for no reason.

I'm not defending Evilore's actions, those are unexcusable, but NeoGAF was a great place to have a civil and interesting conversation.

Last edited by HiroshiYamauchi,

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It was the best place for gaming news, by far. NeoGAF was actually well moderated, in 10 years as a lurker and 4 years as a member, i never seen an unjustified ban on that site. People shit on NeoGAF for no reason.

I'm not defending Evilore's actions, those are unexcusable, but NeoGAF was a great place to have an civil and interesting conversation.

I guess you missed the topic nukes and bans when people brought up the pedo mod. Nuking topics and banning users to cover up for your pedo mod are justified bans.

Last edited by Armadillo,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you now? well i heard the opposite. but like i also said, i never used it. Perhaps you did.

I never used it. With my browsing habits, most of what I've seen was pokemon related and pretty negative. To be honest, this, GameFAQs, IGN, it's apparent that video game forums are just breeding grounds for hateful people and just in general, not video game forums only, I've recently felt like people rely on something to hate on. They can't just thrive on positivity, unless it's positively being negative on something. Video game forums are great examples of that, GBATemp is not exempt from this, oh hell no, but thank goodness no staff member is a Harvey Weinstein...

right?

HiroshiYamauchi

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I guess you missed the topic nukes and bans when people brought up the pedo mod. Nuking topics and banning users to cover up for your pedo mod are justified bans.

Yes, i missed. I didn't accessed NeoGAF last weekend. The site is down, so some crazy shit happened, but i can only speak for the GAF that i know.

Abu_Senpai

Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
I never used it. With my browsing habits, most of what I've seen was pokemon related and pretty negative. To be honest, this, GameFAQs, IGN, it's apparent that video game forums are just breeding grounds for hateful people and just in general, not video game forums only, I've recently felt like people rely on something to hate on. They can't just thrive on positivity, unless it's positively being negative on something. Video game forums are great examples of that, GBATemp is not exempt from this, oh hell no, but thank goodness no staff member is a Harvey Weinstein...
right?

I personally haven't had any problems with Gamefaqs at least not in terms of hate. IGN i dont use, but i have seen hate on that forum. All forums regardless of gaming or not will have some form of hate since some people love to act like gods or elitists on the internet. But yeah i agree, i haven't seen any Harvey's among Gbatemps staff. At least not yet...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning