NeoDS - A Guide to Using One of the Greatest DS Emulators

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials' started by Nathan Drake, May 3, 2011.

1. digr8one

digr8one Member

Newcomer
    Sep 23, 2016
    :O Wow I need to try it :D I hate when I can't have things in folders, it looks so messy! Thank you!

Edit : Works Perfect. What a difference on the memory card. Its less messy. Recommend this version to anyone that likes the old one! Plus you can have many many more now!

Last edited by digr8one, Jan 3, 2017

2. lincruste

lincruste GBAtemp Regular

Jan 13, 2008
    Antarctica
    france
    Sprites in Ben Ingram's NeoDS are actually mapped triangles, which means 2D capacities are not that important.

3. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    neods 2.0 = 64 roms ?
    neods 2.1 = more than 64 roms ?

4. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Yup.

5. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    thx, i'm gonna try this !

6. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    Well neods 2.1 is cool and very usefull to organize a microSD but unfortunally, this version doesn't seem to be compatible with EZ Flash 3in1, Is there a version of neoDS 2.1 compatible with EZ Flash 3in1 ?

7. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Honestly, I don't think so. I'm running NeoDS via TWLoader on my 3DS and it runs perfectly. I would have to suggest using the older version if it works for you.

8. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    Thx for your reply, I have a ds lite with a dstwo+ and the result with neods 2.1 is already pretty cool, I was just curious to know if it was possible to optimize this config.

9. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    Okay, so if you google hard "neods 2.1b" you'll find threads of the guy who modded the source code and made a non-scaled and scaled version, 2.1b is the scaled version. But he says in the thread he was accepting general requests, I'm too tired to look for a link at this time of night.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

That's the creator of the file I uploaded, he responded on another thread here on GBAtemp now that I think about it.

Indy13 likes this.
  10. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    Can you pm me his nickname on GBATemp, please ? I've tried to google "neods 2.1b" as you told me but most of the results I have are french links or russians links and when I google "neods 2.1b gbatemp", I have no results, I'm really interested in learning how to compile and decompile an .nds file and modify neods 2.1 to optimize it.

11. elBenyo

elBenyo Wad of meat.

Jan 2, 2016
    United States
    When I googled it was the second thread under this one. Here he is. Dace was his name. If you make any major changes post them here so we can check them out. https://gbatemp.net/threads/neods-update.374204/

Last edited by elBenyo, Mar 7, 2017
  12. Indy13

Indy13 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2017
    France
    Thanks again elBenyo, you rocks ! No problemo, if I can make a 2.1b compatible with EZFlash3in1, I will share the build ;)