Not open for further replies.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep and that's the reason I'm not going to donate, if he was willing to share the information, I bet the fundraiser would of been complete day one. I look at the decapping as a kickstarter, he asking for money so that it can be decaped and by not shareing the information from the decapping it is just wrong & insulting, specially as he's asking the public for money to fund the decapping, it's one thing to fund the decapping yourself and be an "elitist bastards who never share anything" but it takes a total ass hole to ask people for money and not share a single thing. At the very least he should give the information of the decaping to the people who donanted.
As I mentioned a few posts above, they will give you the results of the decapping. It's like you go to KFC and expect them to give you their recipe just because you bought a bucket of chicken and 2 boxes of fries. O______o

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
[07:57:34] <@neimod> unfortunately, we are elitist bastards who never share anything, so kiss that warez loader goodbye

No wonder the decapping fundraiser is frozen at $1059.05... as long as they keep to themselves (by apparently monopolizing their finds) there will be no worthwhile brew or anything of the kind...

Also, on the topic of piracy damaging the 3ds or taking away game dev incentive or w/e: Pokemon B2/W2 released on DS in 2012. One of Nintendo's biggest franchises. I'll leave it at that.
I find it quite shocking people still haven't realised that was sarcasm (despite it being explicitly stated numerous times). Basically, that's how people (e.g. users here) think of neimod et al, and so they began to call themselves that sarcastically; they do intend to (and indeed, already have; see the majority 3dbrew's contents) share their findings. They're not going to release any sort of warez loader; no surprise there. They're against piracy, why on earth would they release a piracy loader?

There is no point in them sharing the exploits they have etc., because there are probably about 3 other people who have both the skills & expertise and also the interest to do anything even vaguely useful (i.e. create a decent environment for running code, with access to all/most 3DS hardware functions etc.). Until that is done, it would be of no use to any "regular" person. People could maybe run a hello world, but that's useless. And then Nintendo would patch the exploit, and everyone is back to square one. It's not about them being elitist, it's about them being sensible.

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Don't worry about warez loaders. Once homebrew has been enabled, warez loaders are bound to happen by other people.
Rule of thumb: Homebrew → Warez. Truth.

Chaossaturn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As I mentioned a few posts above, they will give you the results of the decapping. It's like you go to KFC and expect them to give you their recipe just because you bought a bucket of chicken and 2 boxes of fries. O______o

Well it good that there are giveing the results of the decapping (some of the things I said are irrelevant at this point, as I did not know that), I did not notice your post as I was replaying to the guy at the time and when I hit post, you had posted your post before mine.

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I find it quite shocking people still haven't realised that was sarcasm (despite it being explicitly stated numerous times).

Okay. If so, then my mistake, but then you go on to pretty much refute what you just stated...

There is no point in them sharing the exploits they have etc.

People could maybe run a hello world, but that's useless. And then Nintendo would patch the exploit, and everyone is back to square one.

I agree with that, as convenient as it is to say what you said... (when WOULD it be deemed useful for you guys to release specific info, anyway?) but confining the information to yourselves will always result in zero growth on the home brew front (and everything else.) 3dbrew is dedicated to home brew, and you really can't expect to have home brew worth anything without having more people involved eventually, and with that comes some inevitable "piracy." How exactly do you think you'll have one without the other, without gimping home brew as a whole? As you said, you only have a total of 4 people there.

I also have to agree with a post on here I saw earlier, all I pretty much care about is being able to carry my game DATA around while leaving the boxes and cartridges at home.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Well it good that there are giveing the results of the decapping (some of the things I said are irrelevant at this point, as I did not know that), I did not notice your post as I was replaying to the guy at the time and when I hit post, you had posted your post before mine.
LOL it's kay :)

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Yep and that's the reason I'm not going to donate, if he was willing to share the information, I bet the fundraiser would of been complete day one. I look at the decapping as a kickstarter, he asking for money so that it can be decaped and by not shareing the information from the decapping it is just wrong & insulting, specially as he's asking the public for money to fund the decapping, it's one thing to fund the decapping yourself and be an "elitist bastards who never share anything" but it takes a total ass hole to ask people for money and not share a single thing. At the very least he should give the information of the decaping to the people who donanted.

A single phrase can be taken out of context quite easily, don't you think?

As I understand, neomoid is talking stricly about "warez loaders", meaning that he doesn't support piracy. Most developers reasearch ways to get HOMEBREW loaders but when their methods gets released, they are transformed into piracy fests. Calling someone who has made quite a lot of work in this early of the 3ds scene, an "asshole" just furtly validate his point of not wanting to give in into the whole "free pokeman romz pls!".

Reactions: 2ndApex

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Okay. If so, then my mistake, but then you go on to pretty much refute what you just stated...
I refuted nothing. I thought it was obvious that I meant there is no point in them releasing their exploit now. And also that they will release when it's ready and the time comes.
I agree with that, as convenient as it is to say what you said... (when WOULD it be deemed useful for you guys to release specific info, anyway?) but confining the information to yourselves will always result in zero growth on the home brew front (and everything else.) 3dbrew is dedicated to home brew, and you really can't expect to have home brew worth anything without having more people involved eventually, and with that comes some inevitable "piracy." How exactly do you think you'll have one without the other, without gimping home brew as a whole? As you said, you only have a total of 4 people there.
And there is no "homebrew front", that's my point. At this point, it's not developers that are needed, it is hackers and reverse engineers. They need to explore the system, map out how everything works before people can even begin to think about creating homebrew. It's a completely different skill set.

And as I said before they are sharing pretty much everything besides the exploit itself.

I never said there were only 4 people who wanted purely homebrew. What I said (in an exaggerated fashion) was that besides neimod & yellows8, there are only about 3 people who would be capable of (and interested in) the reverse engineering necessary to create a homebrew SDK etc. for developers to use.[/quote][/quote]

DiabloStorm

Anti-Semantic Bastard
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
What I said (in an exaggerated fashion) was that besides neimod & yellows8, there are only about 3 people who would be capable of (and interested in) the reverse engineering necessary to create a homebrew SDK etc. for developers to use.

That's exactly what I meant, eventually (key word here and in my other response) you'll have to open up and let the project expand...

I just really hope when you guys have established yourselves and Nintendo can't really do anything about it at that time, the entire thing isn't monopolized, that's all.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really wonder why I keep clicking on these topics whenever I see they were updated.
It's always just silly quarrels; at least talk about something interesting like, who's stronger, mr t, hulk hogan or your dad?

Reactions: jalaneme and tbgtbg

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
That's exactly what I meant, eventually (key word here and in my other response) you'll have to open up and let the project expand...

I just really hope when you guys have established yourselves and Nintendo can't really do anything about it at that time, the entire thing isn't monopolized, that's all.

Lets put it this way. Without an SDK, or at least a compiler, this:
Code:
#include <stdio.h>
int main(){
    printf("Hello World");
    return 0;
}

becomes (copy-pasta from here):
Code:
.syntax unified
.global main

main:
        push {ip, lr}
        ldr r0, =message
        bl printf
        mov r0, #0
        pop {ip, pc}

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

This implies I have something to do with the hacking lol. I don't, I just understand vaguely what's going on.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they don't release it publicly, they shouldn't bother telling us it's been hacked.

It's like someone who won a 10,000,000 dollar lottery and says to his friends, "Yeah, we're best friends, and now that I'm a millionaire, I'm not going to give you any money, but we're still friends!"

Reactions: jalaneme and tbgtbg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
If they don't release it publicly, they shouldn't bother telling us it's been hacked.

It's like someone who won a 10,000,000 dollar lottery and says to his friends, "Yeah, we're best friends, and now that I'm a millionaire, I'm not going to give you any money, but we're still friends!"
The thing is that running unsigned code with kernel access on the 3DS is an accomplishment in the hacking community in general, not just an instance of personal gain.

What about sending a man to the moon? They can brag about it without sending you there. :P

Reactions: megazig

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing is that running unsigned code with kernel access on the 3DS is an accomplishment in the hacking community in general, not just an instance of personal gain.

What about sending a man to the moon? They can brag about it without sending you there. :P

I was making a point, I hope it will be public one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey