• Views 300,780
  • Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

kowiia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the great work by all who contributed.
Edit: See two posts down for a simplified case/description of the same problem.

The main problem:
I am having a problem in sneek2o uneek mode, no di, modmii nand, that every time I put in a disc, the system freezes with "an error has occuured yada yada..." or whatever that message is (it's usually in korean for me). If I try to run the disc in any way, it happens quickly, else it will happen randomly sometime within a minute or so.
The long story:
Korean wii 4.3k, about a year old. (I live in korea, it hasn't been modded). I want to be able to load discs from different regions without necessarily making backups. I don't mind (might like) using wiiflow or other to launch backups so I can probably live without di.
I made an abstinence (casper/neek20) with ModMii. I tried sneek mode but postloader didnt't work, and I read uneek was better for that. It was. Ok, using uneek mode. I made an sd/usb files for uneek+di (yes with di) US nand with pretty much every optional feature included except custom wads (cIOS, priiloader, postloader, wiiflow, theme, etc). I removed di (di.bin or whatever it is, I forgot) so now it's uneek minus di. That was fine I guess. I was getting these errors and didn't notice the correlation with the disk yet, and I read about priiloader causing problems and figured a korean nand might load korean disks better, so...
I made a korean nand with no priiloader (but has postloader,which I thought needs priiloader, a little confused) , placed it in the nands usb directory and loaded that, without changing anything on the sd card. That nand has the same trouble. I might still try a complete fresh modmii build of a korean uneek setup without di or priiloader, but I don't think any of that is the problem (could be wrong).
Is it possible that the virgin nand has dvd drivers which are incompatible with the DVD drive in this fairly recent korean model?
A couple of other related points and questions:
The last question also leads me to a question of... how can I make a bootmii real nand backup from casper? I haven't figured out how to get a bootmii menu of any kind.
I'm using an external laptop drive enclosure with the extra usb power connector. About one in four times that drive doesn't boot, but this seems to be a kind of known issue and maybe that was happening with a game disc in, I can't remember. It mostly behaves fine after booting so long as I don't put a disc in anyway. Sometimes it gets stuck trying to load postloader from the U.S. nand (didn't try from the korean one), and I suspect that could be hard drive issue. I might try a usb key in place of the drive temporarily.
I guess this isn't all quite as simple to do as it first seemed, but hopefully I'll get it there.

edit: oh and the nands are both 4.3

kowiia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Shorter Version of Problem:

I reproduced this now without with a much simpler fresh install (deleted all usb and sd content first) so the short version..
-Korean wii 4.3k unmodified, about 1 year old retail. (I'm in korea).
-Modmii 6.2.6,
-abstinence (casper/neek2o) 4.3k nand
-neek2o ver96, uneek mode, no di

-Only one addon selected in modmii: wiiflow
(no theme, no priiloader, no postloader, nothing else)

Boots fine into neek2o seemingly every time (so maybe no hdd problems) with no disk in
Every time I place a game disc in the drive it crashes, typically with the wii error screen. If I try to run the disk it crashes immediately then. If I try to install the disk with wiiflow, it stack dumps(only exception to the wii error screen). If I just wait a bit, and don't run the disk at all, it crashes anyway in minute or so with the wii error screen.

With previous nands with priiloader installed I did try both "skip errors" options. Those did not help. Without priiloader on this simplified nand, I haven't yet researched how to set the neek2o options, but it seems like nothing has changed with the simplified nand, so I can't imagine those options will help now either.

I kind of suspect a drive driver problem in the "virgin" nand, just a guess, but maybe new model korean wii's don't get a bunch of testing on the english forums.
I can't get a real nand dump. I don't think ModMii installs the needed bootmii gui files to the sd.

kowiia

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm going to repost the issue in the modmii thread, because Xflak seems to be really amazing at answering questions and this might be a modmii nand issue more than a neek2o issue anyway... so, redirect answers there please to avoid duplication.

FrankGBAtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I set neek2o to autoboot a channel when it starts (WiiFlow forwarder) using (2) button in system menu to get the overlay. I want to remove the autoboot but I can't because I can never get to the neek2o system menu. How do I change that setting again?

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I set neek2o to autoboot a channel when it starts (WiiFlow forwarder) using (2) button in system menu to get the overlay. I want to remove the autoboot but I can't because I can never get to the neek2o system menu. How do I change that setting again?
When you tell WiiFlow to exit, does it go to the Neek2o system menu?
When you don't have the /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol file somewhere where the forwarder channel can find it, does it go to the Neek2o system menu?

FrankGBAtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
When you tell WiiFlow to exit, does it go to the Neek2o system menu?
When you don't have the /apps/wiiflow/boot.dol file somewhere where the forwarder channel can find it, does it go to the Neek2o system menu?
Yes.. Yes it does. Sorry about the dumb question. I think frustration made me miss the obvious.

Maxternal, could you check my last, edited reply on the WiiFlow thread? Everything works except Majora's Mask loads very slowly (3 or 4 minutes of spinning cube)

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
just to ask, would it possible to add an option to 'nswitch' which allows you to load from either SD or USB, instead of using auto-detection.
Were you looking for a version that would show an option every time or one version that would ALWAYS do SD and another version that would ALWAYS do USB?

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I had tried it, and it didn't work, I spoke to overjoy here is what he said.

The .gct files are supported for both fst extracted wii games and games in wbfs format

- FST extracted format requires the .gct files renamed to codes.gct in the folder the game is in.
- wbfs format requires the .gct file renamed to <GAMEID>.gct and the file has to be in /sneek/cheat/

You'll also need the kenobiwii codehandler (kenobiwii.bin) in your /sneek/ folder.

Then just enable Game Debugging and choose a hook (OSSleepThread has the best results)

OverjoY

I can confirm that this works 100%, A big thank you goes out to OverjoY

Reactions: MassiveRican

MassiveRican

GBATemp's Unofficial Vigilante
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I've saved the instructions posted on how to use cheats in neek2o as a kenobiwii.bin readme.txt file so that I don't forget how to use it. There is also a kenobigc.bin file which I found instructions for on the quadforce thread, to use cheats.

No need to wait until the next version, you could use the cheat feature to turn back on the announcer in MKAGP2. Unzip the attached fille, then put the attached gct file (GM2E02.gct) into the /games/GM2E02 folder, and attached code handler file (kenobigc.bin) in the /sneek folder.

My question is, are kenobiwii.bin and kenobigc.bin the same file? If not can I use kenobigc.bin for Sneek/Uneek cheats using the same method as described, naming the .gct file to the game file and placing it in the "/games/game_name_here/" folder? Or is this only for FST GC games?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse