• Replies 1,533
  • Likes 5

stfour

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Postloader3 detects pl_us, pl_jp, etc.

Just to be clear, this is just a convention to let pl3 switch nand region on per game setting. For these nand I suggest just the minimal setup, without any channel. I'm preparing an automation system that will switch nand and after take you to the original one once you exit the game.

For neek2o you can add any nand you want, but if you want the automation system works, you need to name 4 nands in that way.

PizzaPino

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
EDIT: neek2o seems to have problems setting up a network connections Error Code: 110213 There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service Please try again later.

I will try and copy cert.sys later but just wanted to let you guys know.

i posted about this problem some pages ago. it's not only a neek2o problem, but a sneek problem. copying your files from a inet working nand, fixes this.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Maybe you stil have all your fst extracted games in the games folder as well from a previous life?
You could perhaps try a fresh diconfig. bin.

if the problem persists, you can upload your diconfig.bin and send me a PM where I can find it.
That way, I can analyse it's contents for duplicates.

Have had a chance to look at the the wbfs folder on the USB HDD and there are definitely no duplicate .wbfs files. Some folders, like Conduit 2 for example, contain SC2P8P.wbfs and SC2P8P.wbf1. Also, games that don't have their own folder all have an accompanying .txt file whose names start with the game code. This is what made me think the listing was done via game code and not filtered on file extension ?

Tried the beta of the neek2o version Joyflow and looking good so far. One thing ... can I change where it looks for the disc images ? and are CFG loader images compatible with it ?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: neek2o seems to have problems setting up a network connections Error Code: 110213 There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service Please try again later.

I will try and copy cert.sys later but just wanted to let you guys know.

i posted about this problem some pages ago. it's not only a neek2o problem, but a sneek problem. copying your files from a inet working nand, fixes this.
That's the cert.sys correct? if not which file(s) would I need to copy? I never used SNEEK only Uneek+DI and never had this problem :(

EDIT: Also uneek2o boots up faster then my actual Wii albeit it seems; I just don't see any delay.

So does anyone have an answer to my "game covers" question???

lucor001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work! I'm only having one issue that is bugging me a bit. I created a 4.3U SNEEK20 nand with modmii and it sees my .wbfs files fine and they load fine. However, if I load the Homebrew Filter it doesn't see apps on USB:/apps. This used to work with SNEEK although I didn't try messing with it too much (and I never tried SNEEK+DI). Any thoughts?

shortz1994

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good work! I'm only having one issue that is bugging me a bit. I created a 4.3U SNEEK20 nand with modmii and it sees my .wbfs files fine and they load fine. However, if I load the Homebrew Filter it doesn't see apps on USB:/apps. This used to work with SNEEK although I didn't try messing with it too much (and I never tried SNEEK+DI). Any thoughts?
not sure on that one with the apps in usb, but i know it will read the sdcard an apps, an will load them, just used wiimc, an yawmm from homebrew filter.

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The program is checking the .wbfs extension before it takes the game in the gamelist. So txt files shouldn't be an issue.
Games on the sd card wbfs folder should arrive there as well.

Modmii uses usb/nands/nand1 as location for it's nand. You can perfectly cange the nand1 into wathever you like once the nand is working.
Just delete the nandcfg.bin file so that the nands folder is rescanned for available nands.

The one important thing is to have your nands folders in a subfolder of the nands folder.

@lucor001

As neek2o is using the usb drive for it's nand emulation, no homebrew can directly access that drive anymore. With some minor changes,
homebrew can access the usb drive again using the uneek_usb_fs system that reroutes usb calls to the isfs filing system.
The problem with HBC and homebrew filter is that those programs are closed source. So, we can't add uneek usb support to them,
and if their developpers refuse to add it themselfs, things will stay as they are.
I hope I could convince stfour to add it to postloader. If so, you will have a program again that loads homebrew from the usb disc.
Be aware that these homebrews need some changes as well for usb support. So your favorite emulator won't be able anymore to load
it's roms from uneek. There is a fix, but it will take some time.

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Postloader3 detects pl_us, pl_jp, etc.

Just to be clear, this is just a convention to let pl3 switch nand region on per game setting. For these nand I suggest just the minimal setup, without any channel. I'm preparing an automation system that will switch nand and after take you to the original one once you exit the game.

For neek2o you can add any nand you want, but if you want the automation system works, you need to name 4 nands in that way.
so if i have four nands that are named a certain way it will switch the nands within postloader....or did i miss understand?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sneek has it's emulated nand on the sd card. for that reason, homebrew usb access still worked.
di uses the usb disk as well, so sd + di doesn't have homebrew usb access either.

@gartimusprime, that's what stfour is working on. I don't know if the work is finished already.

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I hope that some people don't mind, but I already did an automatic nand switching function for out of region games. I will add it when I rewrote some nand switching code

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Can you configure Internet with neek2o??? cause I cant
I never got any problem with Internet configuration in previous uneek+di. My previous uneek+di 168 is working fine with Internet Configuration.

thx and Great work guys

I had no problems connecting my neek2o virgin nand to my wifi and updating the system. Downloading covers with Joyflow also not a problem.

Haven't tried network through a game but see no reason why it shouldn't work.

goku1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never got any problem with Internet configuration in previous uneek+di. My previous uneek+di 168 is working fine with Internet Configuration.

thx and Great work guys

I had no problems connecting my neek2o virgin nand to my wifi and updating the system. Downloading covers with Joyflow also not a problem.

i tested it with call of duty mw3 and it was chopy and unplayable but thats just one game i dont know bout any others but on the good side i did get connected and got into a game befor i wasw untimely murdered by quite a fw people!

2nd edit after i let my battries charge up ill do more testing but ive played at least 30 min of games in my collection
currently on letter m and 99.99 work so far. the .01 is zelda ss for somereason it just wont load threw the disc channel. also i noticed that when i switch from nand1 to any nand i freez up.

Albatroz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I used ModMii 4.7.6 to create this Nand as clean as possible.
Did you use ModMii too?

OverjoY

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

thx and Great work guys

i tested it with call of duty mw3 and it was chopy and unplayable but thats just one game i dont know bout any others
If you want I can send you a link to a new beta version with changes that could solve this issue.. If you wanna try this for me let me know

lepicane

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I used ModMii 4.7.6 to create this Nand as clean as possible.
Did you use ModMii too?

Yep, virgin nand with just internet and shopping channel. Once I booted into the neek2o nand I did the system update and it downloaded the news, etc channels.

lucor001

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The program is checking the .wbfs extension before it takes the game in the gamelist. So txt files shouldn't be an issue.
Games on the sd card wbfs folder should arrive there as well.

Modmii uses usb/nands/nand1 as location for it's nand. You can perfectly cange the nand1 into wathever you like once the nand is working.
Just delete the nandcfg.bin file so that the nands folder is rescanned for available nands.

The one important thing is to have your nands folders in a subfolder of the nands folder.

@lucor001

As neek2o is using the usb drive for it's nand emulation, no homebrew can directly access that drive anymore. With some minor changes,
homebrew can access the usb drive again using the uneek_usb_fs system that reroutes usb calls to the isfs filing system.
The problem with HBC and homebrew filter is that those programs are closed source. So, we can't add uneek usb support to them,
and if their developpers refuse to add it themselfs, things will stay as they are.
I hope I could convince stfour to add it to postloader. If so, you will have a program again that loads homebrew from the usb disc.
Be aware that these homebrews need some changes as well for usb support. So your favorite emulator won't be able anymore to load
it's roms from uneek. There is a fix, but it will take some time.

I see - maybe I was confused by ModMii's text description. I was under the impression that using sneek2o would allow reading of games (wbfs) and apps off of USB and the NAND would be on the sd card (and really only the nand as no other file access is currently allowed). So the way to accomplish what I want would be to put apps and emulators/roms on SD card and setup uneek2o with wbfs and nands on USB?

obcd

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
sneek2o as sneek did uses the sd card for it's emulated nand. (the s is from sd card)
uneek2o as uneek did uses the usb drive for it's emulated nand. (the u is from usb)

At this moment, homebrew (emulators) and their roms are only accessible from the sd card (in uneek2o) I hope this will change real fast.
So indeed, the way you describe your setup now should work.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou